Honored Contributor

Re: For those that really think Cheerios are healthy...

[ Edited ]

What works for one doesn't necessarily work for all. I will never understand how these repeated threads mounting the soapbox, endlessly touting what amounts to a personal agenda, and putting oneself out there as a some sort of psudo-expert and shining example for all continue to be tolerated.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like to think one bowl of plain Cheerios in the morning with oat milk isn't terribly bad for you.  After all, didn't they used to say Cheerios / oats were heart-healthy?  And it has to be better than a lot of other stuff marketed as breakfast food.  Strangely, I've never cared for oatmeal.

Honored Contributor

Never giving up my Cheerios!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

@Susan Louise 

You conquered the lure of a bowl of oatmeal?

It's just horrible that you set a goal to completely deny yourself foods you love, and feel victorious in reaching that goal.

I know you can't see it, but any objective reader can see the "eating disorder" mindset in your keto posts.

@x Hedge  Surely you jest...

Somehow you seem to be missing a huge portion of the premise on why I started the thread in the 1st place.

carbs/sugar

DH & I have to be mindful for our health - our blood sugar levels...omitting both along with seed oils which also cause added inflammation.

Honored Contributor

I don't see the point in starting thread after thread about the same thing.  If people want to eat Keto, they can research it for themselves. 

Is the OP a shill for these "doctors"?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 wrote:

I don't see the point in starting thread after thread about the same thing.  If people want to eat Keto, they can research it for themselves. 

Is the OP a shill for these "doctors"?

@Bri369  Nope. I am just so grateful for all their help in our improved health on so many levels. I enjoy sharing my excitement to help inspire others whom are interested with the same health issues/concerns.

For those who are not interested and/or don't need or want any of the info I share, as I highlighted in red in my OP, you are free to pass on by this thread.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Whatever happened to calories in and calories out?  Exercise is key.

Sitting is the new smoking.  I don't like diets that deprive of things I like.  If I'm told not to eat it for a health reason, then that's different.  I still might cheat on it for a minute every now and then.

Calories in + Calories out

@gertrudecloset  That is just a myth...always had been. Not all calories are created equal. Don't believe me? I recommend watching the short 6 minute youtube video - title highlighted below:

How Many Calories Should I Eat On Keto Diet? The Simple Formula – Dr.Berg

@Susan Louise The only diet I believe in is a sensible diet with a lot of variety.  Otherwise seems you are having to spend too much of your life obsessed with food and playing catchup to get what your body needs. 

@Sooner  Well, as with anything new, it takes time to adjust. For the 1st 3 months we did our homework/research, collected and tried various keto/low carb recipes (countless online) found substitution recipes/products for 95% of our favorite foods. Then it was a piece of cake. It is no differnt now making a weekly menu plan then it was when we at the conventional way.

Carb counts for various foods are memorized...we just know what to pair, mix, match for all the foods we enjoy. It is no different in time consumption 'counting' calories (like some folks do) compared to counting carbs. Once one gets used to it, it is not a problem. 

Ummm, as for time thinking about food...as you mention obsessing...

It was just that way for the 1st few months. Now we think of food much less than what we did before changing this lifestyle.

How is that possible?

We don't eat 3 meals a day anymore...we eat 2...lunch and dinner. We don't snack anymore whatsoever!

As for variety...we have plenty! We have salads, fruits, casseroles, pizza, roasts, steaks, seafood/salmon, cookies, sugarfree jello, sugarfree candy (Lily's bars and chips)...and so much more.

The recipes are nearly endless online...pinterest and so many other great sites has oodles...and many videos/instructions of lots of them on youtube!

So many folks really don't do enough research for themselves to understand this lifestyle which sadly leaves them thinking/believing so many aspects that just aren't true.

There are also those folks who have a strong aversion to any change anyway. I remember reading a book many years ago - 'Who Moved my Cheese'...

Usually as folks get older, many of them become less open to trying new things/experiences/etc. I know many older folks...family members/friends that are like this. They are so used to what they have don't all their life, they won't change no matter what...even if something could truly benefit them.

I'm almost 62...DH is 54. Thank heavens our minds are still open and we changed our lifestyle a few years ago. We'd both be taking insulin right now if we hadn't...or worse. The countless other health benefits that we have been relieved of/have had are also...gone!

DH and I will go so far as to say it's like a miracle...

@Susan Louise Sorry but I don't buy it.  I know too many 98 year olds who prove it otherwise.  Do what makes you happy, but it is not nice to try to try to shove it off on other people as the ONLY way to live.    

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Whatever happened to calories in and calories out?  Exercise is key.

Sitting is the new smoking.  I don't like diets that deprive of things I like.  If I'm told not to eat it for a health reason, then that's different.  I still might cheat on it for a minute every now and then.

Calories in + Calories out

@gertrudecloset  That is just a myth...always had been. Not all calories are created equal. Don't believe me? I recommend watching the short 6 minute youtube video - title highlighted below:

How Many Calories Should I Eat On Keto Diet? The Simple Formula – Dr.Berg

@Susan Louise The only diet I believe in is a sensible diet with a lot of variety.  Otherwise seems you are having to spend too much of your life obsessed with food and playing catchup to get what your body needs. 

@Sooner  Well, as with anything new, it takes time to adjust. For the 1st 3 months we did our homework/research, collected and tried various keto/low carb recipes (countless online) found substitution recipes/products for 95% of our favorite foods. Then it was a piece of cake. It is no differnt now making a weekly menu plan then it was when we at the conventional way.

Carb counts for various foods are memorized...we just know what to pair, mix, match for all the foods we enjoy. It is no different in time consumption 'counting' calories (like some folks do) compared to counting carbs. Once one gets used to it, it is not a problem. 

Ummm, as for time thinking about food...as you mention obsessing...

It was just that way for the 1st few months. Now we think of food much less than what we did before changing this lifestyle.

How is that possible?

We don't eat 3 meals a day anymore...we eat 2...lunch and dinner. We don't snack anymore whatsoever!

As for variety...we have plenty! We have salads, fruits, casseroles, pizza, roasts, steaks, seafood/salmon, cookies, sugarfree jello, sugarfree candy (Lily's bars and chips)...and so much more.

The recipes are nearly endless online...pinterest and so many other great sites has oodles...and many videos/instructions of lots of them on youtube!

So many folks really don't do enough research for themselves to understand this lifestyle which sadly leaves them thinking/believing so many aspects that just aren't true.

There are also those folks who have a strong aversion to any change anyway. I remember reading a book many years ago - 'Who Moved my Cheese'...

Usually as folks get older, many of them become less open to trying new things/experiences/etc. I know many older folks...family members/friends that are like this. They are so used to what they have don't all their life, they won't change no matter what...even if something could truly benefit them.

I'm almost 62...DH is 54. Thank heavens our minds are still open and we changed our lifestyle a few years ago. We'd both be taking insulin right now if we hadn't...or worse. The countless other health benefits that we have been relieved of/have had are also...gone!

DH and I will go so far as to say it's like a miracle...

@Susan Louise Sorry but I don't buy it.  I know too many 98 year olds who prove it otherwise.  Do what makes you happy, but it is not nice to try to try to shove it off on other people as the ONLY way to live.    

@Sooner  I am sharing info with others. So, who doesn't share info with others on these forums...about anything?

I try and help others on many subjects...as do others.

Everyone has a choice to pass on by threads that don't interest them. I do this daily.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise Seems you spend a of time and effort to say you are right and the rest of us are wrong rather than just sharing information.  

But I have said what I think. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, if it's the three day meal plan you provided.  Is that it or is there more in another thread.  I didn't see anything else @Susan Louise .

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life