Honored Contributor

Re: For those struggling with pre-diabeties and type 2 diabeties...

[ Edited ]

There are sugar substitutes that are just as bad as sugar itself because they raise blood sugar/glucose levels.

Other sugar substitutes don't raise blood sugar levels at all. Those are the ones we use.

There is oodles of info available online so everyone can do their own homework if they choose to.

One can't help folks who choose to continue to wear their horse blinders and rose colored glasses. Many Drs do this as well. They should be students for life...period. Many don't bother reading new info and are ignorant for their own reasons...which in turn is harmful for their patients.

I am so glad DH & I woke up from the madness of the gov/pharma pushing a high carb lifestyle which is harmful to one's health. Either folks learn this themselves, or they don't.

I personally know diabetics who shoot up insulin daily and would be quite happy adding a 2nd shot daily to their regimine than giving up eating their favorite goodies. They figure it's just easier that way for them. This way they can be happy eating their goodies and don't have to restrict themselves.

Little do they know...that eventually comes with a high price.

Sadly, it's only a matter of time when they start to have bigger health issues. Nobody can help those who think that way and are that stubborn...they have to help themselves 1st.

Believe me, it was a hard pill for DH and I to swallow...finding out we were spoonfed a bunch of horse #$%& for decades on the unhealthy upside down USDA food pyramid. DH and I both know now that if we didn't get on that huge, overstuffed, crowded, ignorant bandwagon back in the late 70's thinking keto/low carb was a fad and actually started eating that way a long time ago, I would NEVER had become pre-diabetic and DH would NEVER have become a type 2 diabetic.

It is pure common sense that carbs/starches/sugars and even trans fats wreak havoc with our bodies. We should have known better, right? Common sense and all...

As intelligent as we are, yet we STILL drank that kool-aid we were fed anyway and ignored common sense...

...ugh. sFun_crazyhammer.gifyyym0945.gif

DH and I believed most of our lives that sugar only hurt our teeth/getting cavities and effecting only those who were already diabetic...no big deal. We can still eat a Snickers bar, have a hot fudge sundae and all those yummy toll house cookies anytime we want as long as we brush our teeth.

Boy, how ignorant we were til we learned otherwise in 2018 by taking off the horse blinders and rose colored glasses. What a wake-up call that was...

We REALLY believed low fats and high carbs like all those grains/starches were so heart healthy. Well, that keeps the farm subsidies & pharma in business. Does anyone really believe that pharma wants us all to be healthy? If we were, they would be flat broke. Absolute madness. DH & I are mad that we didn't wake up to the insanity years ago.

We wouldn't have had developed all of these health issues from the get go...

I would not even be surprised that sugar/carbs also contributed to my getting lung cancer in 2004. There is a lot of new info out there on studies about this as well. 
At least now I don't plan on giving cancer another chance by living this lifestyle.

Glad we woke up and our health has improved immensely...better late than never.

Others certainly will carve their own path...whether they will get healthier or not is up to them and them alone. I'm sure there are many that at least viewed this video that I mentioned in the OP. I also believe I helped at least one person view things differently for their own health and/or passing the info onto a friend/family member..

That is the bottom line. That is what truly matters.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

There are sugar substitutes that are just as bad as sugar itself because they raise blood sugar/glucose levels.

Other sugar substitutes don't raise blood sugar levels at all. Those are the ones we use.

There is oodles of info available online so everyone can do their own homework if they choose to.

One can't help folks who choose to continue to wear their horse blinders and rose colored glasses. Many Drs do this as well. They should be students for life...period. Many don't bother reading new info and are ignorant for their own reasons...which in turn is harmful for their patients.

I am so glad DH & I woke up from the madness of the gov/pharma pushing a high carb lifestyle which is harmful to one's health. Either folks learn this themselves, or they don't.

I personally know diabetics who shoot up insulin daily and would be quite happy adding a 2nd shot daily to their regimine than giving up eating their favorite goodies. They figure it's just easier that way for them. This way they can be happy eating their goodies and don't have to restrict themselves.

Little do they know...that eventually comes with a high price.

Sadly, it's only a matter of time when they start to have bigger health issues. Nobody can help those who think that way and are that stubborn...they have to help themselves 1st.

Believe me, it was a hard pill for DH and I to swallow...finding out we were spoonfed a bunch of horse #$%& for decades on the unhealthy upside down USDA food pyramid. DH and I both know now that if we didn't get on that huge, overstuffed, crowded, ignorant bandwagon back in the late 70's thinking keto/low carb was a fad and actually started eating that way a long time ago, I would NEVER had become pre-diabetic and DH would NEVER have become a type 2 diabetic.

It is pure common sense that carbs/starches/sugars and even trans fats wreak havoc with our bodies. We should have known better, right? Common sense and all...

As intelligent as we are, yet we STILL drank that kool-aid we were fed anyway and ignored common sense...

...ugh. sFun_crazyhammer.gifyyym0945.gif

DH and I believed most of our lives that sugar only hurt our teeth/getting cavities and effecting only those who were already diabetic...no big deal. We can still eat a Snickers bar, have a hot fudge sundae and all those yummy toll house cookies anytime we want as long as we brush our teeth.

Boy, how ignorant we were til we learned otherwise in 2018 by taking off the horse blinders and rose colored glasses. What a wake-up call that was...

We REALLY believed low fats and high carbs like all those grains/starches were so heart healthy. Well, that keeps the farm subsidies & pharma in business. Does anyone really believe that pharma wants us all to be healthy? If we were, they would be flat broke. Absolute madness. DH & I are mad that we didn't wake up to the insanity years ago.

We wouldn't have had developed all of these health issues from the get go...

I would not even be surprised that sugar/carbs also contributed to my getting lung cancer in 2004. There is a lot of new info out there on studies about this as well. 
At least now I don't plan on giving cancer another chance by living this lifestyle.

Glad we woke up and our health has improved immensely...better late than never.

Others certainly will carve their own path...whether they will get healthier or not is up to them and them alone. I'm sure there are many that at least viewed this video that I mentioned in the OP. I also believe I helped at least one person view things differently for their own health and/or passing the info onto a friend/family member..

That is the bottom line. That is what truly matters.

Your preconceived notions about what the gov't wants us to eat and how big pharm wants us sick for profit is driven by misinformation and conspiracy theories. A huge red flag to examine your statements @Susan Louise .

A healthy diabetic diet does not include a lot of carbohydrates nor does it include refined sugars. Your reference to diabetics "shooting up" insulin to this 50 year user of life sustaining insulin is offensive. To refer to insulin like a diabetic is "using?" drugs to eat? Judge much? Many diabetics lose pancreatic function through no fault of their own. Please refrain from comparing us to a drug addict.😳

Anyone who eats to excess will gain weight. No one needs to be in ketosis to be healthy. Small amounts of grains, eliminating simple sugars, protein (but not in excess) and healthy fats in small quantities would have given you the same weight loss without the dangers of being in ketosis round the clock.

The American Diabetes Association has never condoned eating a diet high in carbohydrates. Nor has it condoned sugary treats....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your preconceived notions about what the gov't wants us to eat and how big pharm wants us sick for profit is driven by misinformation and conspiracy theories. A huge red flag to examine your statements @Susan Louise .

A healthy diabetic diet does not include a lot of carbohydrates nor does it include refined sugars. Your reference to diabetics "shooting up" insulin to this 50 year user of life sustaining insulin is offensive. To refer to insulin like a diabetic is "using?" drugs to eat? Judge much? Many diabetics lose pancreatic function through no fault of their own. Please refrain from comparing us to a drug addict.😳

Anyone who eats to excess will gain weight. No one needs to be in ketosis to be healthy. Small amounts of grains, eliminating simple sugars, protein (but not in excess) and healthy fats in small quantities would have given you the same weight loss without the dangers of being in ketosis round the clock.

The American Diabetes Association has never condoned eating a diet high in carbohydrates. Nor has it condoned sugary treats....

Oh dear, @Trinity11 - You best take off your horse blinders and rose colored glasses! SMH

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise 

What a horrible statement to make.  Diabetics " shooting up " insulin.  My mother had type 1 diabetes and I am thankful she had that life saving insulin.  And I can tell you she never enjoyed one of her shots.  NOT A SINGLE ONE

Just because you have lost weight you have no business making such cruel and mean spirited statements about others with diabetes.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@Susan Louise 

What a horrible statement to make.  Diabetics " shooting up " insulin.  My mother had type 1 diabetes and I am thankful she had that life saving insulin.  And I can tell you she never enjoyed one of her shots.  NOT A SINGLE ONE

Just because you have lost weight you have no business making such cruel and mean spirited statements about others with diabetes.  

Thanks for noticing that @4kitties . As a Tyoe 1 diabetic for 50 years, I was offended too.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

January, 2021 -State of Tennessee

Ken D. Berry, MD, Camden
Guilty of unprofessional conduct;
License placed on probation to extend two years following the expiration of previous period of probation with terms; assessed civil penalties in the amount of $3,000.00 plus costs not to exceed $10,000.00

@mom2four0418  DH & I are so grateful for all he has done for us and millions of others. Smiley Very Happy

I felt the same for many years when introduced to a keto lifestyle. Never hungry and minimal insulin usage (Type 1) it helped me to control my weight. I never knew the damage it was doing. Kidney problems, heart disease culminating in two heart attacks and a stroke? I would not reccomend this diet to my worst enemy.

Dr. Ken Berry is promoting a diet that potentially kills people. He has a history of pushing pills, and a slew of other issues all found with a simple google. Just google his name with Quack and dozens of scary reviews of his behavior come up...

@Trinity11 

What do you consider unhealthy? 

From what I've seen, it's a low carb diet.  What's unhealthy about that?  Most people eat WAY too many carbs and mess up their metabolism.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

Ken D. Berry, MD, Camden
License placed on probation to extend two years following the expiration of previous period of probation with terms; assessed civil penalties in the amount of $3,000.00 plus costs not to exceed $10,000.00

@mom2four0418  DH & I are so grateful for all he has done for us and millions of others. Smiley Very Happy

I felt the same for many years when introduced to a keto lifestyle. Never hungry and minimal insulin usage (Type 1) it helped me to control my weight. I never knew the damage it was doing. Kidney problems, heart disease culminating in two heart attacks and a stroke? I would not reccomend this diet to my worst enemy.

Dr. Ken Berry is promoting a diet that potentially kills people. He has a history of pushing pills, and a slew of other issues all found with a simple google. Just google his name with Quack and dozens of scary reviews of his behavior come up...

@Trinity11 

From what I've seen, it's a low carb diet.  What's unhealthy about that?  Most people eat WAY too many carbs and mess up their metabolism.  

@Tinkrbl44 , I (we) are posting about ketogenic diets. Diets that promote being in ketosis (proven by keto sticks). 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

Ken D. Berry, MD, Camden

@Trinity11 

What leads to a messed up metabolism, is a ketogenic diet.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky