Esteemed Contributor

I am okay and thank you who cared. I couldn't get in. Don't know much about a computer. My son was here and cleared up. I heard aout cookies so he got on here and cleared up things. Wishing y

Honored Contributor

Did you get your hearing aid?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@halfpint1 - Nice to see you back. Glad your son was able to help with your computer issue.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: For everyone who askeding can get rid get rid of

Not yet. I wonder if anything can get rid of white noise for it is driving me crazy.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: For everyone who asked

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1- Hello there!  Another hot one for the San Gabriel Valley and all of the Greater Los Angeles area.  Stay hydrated.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1,

Just clarifying that “white noise” is not what you hear.    

White noise is the noise you create on purpose for a calming effect.   White noise can be a ceiling fan, a portable fan, the television, radio, a music CD playing softly in the background; it can also be the sound of rain, a rippling waterfall, birds and other nature sounds selected from a special sound machine that provides background noise.   All of these examples are white noise.   

If the sound you are referring to is still the sound you have complained about for 3 years, that no one else has ever heard, that sound is completely within you, and comes from your anxiety.

Esteemed Contributor

I need an audio test again. So I don't know when a hearing aid.

Honored Contributor

Re: For everyone who asked

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1  I hope you aren't spending a lot for a hearing aid, because ,I don't feel it is the answer to your problems. Before you lay out any money for this, please discuss it with your son and your Dr.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop  I know she said she doesn't have tinnitus. I think it's hard to diagnose. I'm hearing disabled and have it. It changes occasionally. Most of it I've learned to tune out ie white noise. Bells, whistles, beeps. I'm always checking house alarms to be certain . 
   Recently it's even like the sound of popping BB gun fire, louder than popcorn popping. It's hard to ignore!

My son has it and my mother had it. It's annoying to say the least. So, I think you are correct it's in her head. And if its tinnitus it doesn't go away. A hearing aid helps because there is more to hear. 

Esteemed Contributor

@halfpint1  I'm hearing disabled and hear noises all the time, tinnitus. It's hard to diagnose. A hearing aid helps. Hearing will get worse without it. I hope you find one that works for you!