Trusted Contributor

Re: For anyone interested in Plant based eating

Always inspirational to see threads such as these. I hope it may spark someone to investigate it more.

Occasional Contributor

@QVCJH wrote:

A plant-based diet is tricky for those of us with IBS. I have done the FODMAP diet and found out that I can't digest vegetable protein. Not that I don't eat fruits and vegetables, but gluten, berries, beans, lentils, nuts, coconut, stone fruits, and even soy, give me very undesirable side effects. My diet is a continuing experiment.

I follow wellness guru Ellen Barrett and she has some well documented info in her book that soy is not all that...especially due to it's harmful effects on the thyroid.

Honored Contributor

@QVCmissy wrote:

@QVCJH wrote:

A plant-based diet is tricky for those of us with IBS. I have done the FODMAP diet and found out that I can't digest vegetable protein. Not that I don't eat fruits and vegetables, but gluten, berries, beans, lentils, nuts, coconut, stone fruits, and even soy, give me very undesirable side effects. My diet is a continuing experiment.

I follow wellness guru Ellen Barrett and she has some well documented info in her book that soy is not all that...especially due to it's harmful effects on the thyroid.

Soy is tricky for some. I was told by my doctor to steer clear of it due to thyroid problems. 

@QVCmissy You take care!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123

Here's another summit you might be interested in.

http://foodrevolutionsummit.org

I love these free webinars.  It exposes people to so many different viewpoints.  This one is hosted by John Robbins, "Diet for a New America". Tons of speakers including Jane Goodall, Drs. Dean Ornish, Neal Barnard, Michael Greger, among many others.

Occasional Contributor

Learn It Live is another with free webinars....a lot are kind if New Age based, but they have some good wellness ones too,  Thanks for the added info!!