Trusted Contributor

Re: ❓For Posters With Chronic Pain Please

I put myself on an anti-inflammatory diet to reduce inflammation in my body.  I do not have chronic pain however I have other signs of inflammation.  But since pain is one symptom of inflammation perhaps such a diet would be helpful for that.  Others I know have gotten tested for food sensitivities and have adjusted their diets based upon their individual results.  Many have had a reduction in pain (and other symptoms).

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Trusted Contributor

@DianeJ2 wrote:

Hi @butterfly123  I don't do apps but I do You tube guided meditations, calming music like like binaural beats music for pain, Native American flute music, The Soul of Wind piano music etc and definitely anything with humor! Along with meds, healthy eating, gentle stretching, i find helping my stress level helps my body handle my autoimmune pain better.  Hope you find something helpful to feel better 🌻

Youtube has wonderful meditations.  Also many free gentle yoga practices.  The gentle yoga practices that you can do lying down help me a lot.

Honored Contributor

Whatever works!

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I never  heard of any of those things and no doctor ever recommended them.  I assume they are not pain medications one injections  Fingers crossed, my pain isn't as much of a   problem now but when I did suffer from constant chronic pain, my mind was not going to alleviate it.     

Hi @chrystaltree ,

I don't know if you're referring to my post or not, but distraction would be in addition to any medical care/treatments that you receive as a Pain patient.

It doesn't take the place of medical treatments, but it's in addition to your care. It's all a part of your patient care.

The pain clinics and hospitals that I went to also supported alternative health care methods, so if a patient wanted to try Acupuncture, Massage, Chiropractic, Tai Chi, or Yoga, for example, all of these other methods were supported to help a patient to feel their best. 

Trusted Contributor

Sorry, I forgot to add what else I do.  Massage, chiropractic, lots of exercising, good diet, pain pills (800mg Motrin) in emergencies, never going back to a regular doc for pain again.  Went to a New Age Pain Clinic in 1984 and got very sick there; I'm so over doctors....

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney