Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 

I see a lot of suggestions for supplementations. Hoping those that suggest this route know, via blood testing, the reason(s) they are taking(need) supplements to be taken, most seem to say, daily or more.

Maybe I missed where you said you have had complete blood tests run to measure the content of the supplementations suggested, Minerals etc.

Unless it's changed since last year, unless you have had a history of low Vitamin D, Medicare would not pay for that test. They paid for mine last year only because I have to take supplements to keep my Vitamin D levels in a satisfactory range for me.

Only know that my Medicare and Supplemental Insurance would not pay for that test had I not been found deficient when an inpatient several years ago. 

You may see things differently than I do. I only take supplements when blood tests show my body needs to be supplemented. To do otherwise for me?  A waste of my money!

hckynut   🇺🇸  🇺🇦

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Low Sodium V8 Juice is loaded with potassium. 

Esteemed Contributor

A bit ago, you posted about your weight being 65 pounds.

Could it be that such a weight loss has lead to dehydration and malnutrition?  Let alone ceasing excercise.

When my weight went below 90 my oncologist had me fed.

What do your doctors advise at your weight?

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

On another thread you said you weighed 65 pounds.  I'm sure you are  nutritionally deficient in a lot of vitamins and minerals which can be causing the cramping.  Dehydration is a very serious condition. You  might consider going to the ER to be evaluated. 

65 pounds?? Surely this is a typo, @Bri369. Count me incredulous. Woman Surprised

OMG 😳 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

On another thread you said you weighed 65 pounds.  I'm sure you are  nutritionally deficient in a lot of vitamins and minerals which can be causing the cramping.  Dehydration is a very serious condition. You  might consider going to the ER to be evaluated. 

65 pounds?? Surely this is a typo, @Bri369. Count me incredulous. Woman Surprised

OMG 😳 

I seriously don't know how anyone can survive weighing only 65 pounds.  If someone I knew weighed that much, I would insist they be seen immediately.  I don't mean to sound harsh, but I cannot fathom having a family member weighing 65 pounds and not insisting something be done right there and then. 

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

OMG 😳 

I seriously don't know how anyone can survive weighing only 65 pounds.  If someone I knew weighed that much, I would insist they be seen immediately.  I don't mean to sound harsh, but I cannot fathom having a family member weighing 65 pounds and not insisting something be done right there and then. 

Maybe it's not true? Attention getting needy posts. There a pattern that I've noticed, the constant complaining and negativity 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Contributor

I have gotten "charley horse" cramps in my foot, mainly the arch (OWW!), and found that taking magnesium helped a lot. I get plenty of potassium in foods (my dh also makes a green drink in the mornings and uses coconut water in it for the liquid part and that is high in potassium too.  I use Jigsaw magnesium SRT (sustained release) and find it to be quite helpful for those cramps.

Super Contributor

I agree with the posters who suggested magnesium.  That's what my PCP suggested. Works for me. 💗

Valued Contributor

I have severe pain, stabbing and tingling feeling in my feet 24/7. It developed after getting a vaccine. It's since been determined I have Peripheral Neuropathy. It's incurable but now I eat a banana daily, along with a medication (Duloxetine). I'm somewhat improved. I rarely sleep a full night until I'm so exhausted I sleep for 10 hours. I hope you see a doctor and find out the cause as it could be so many things.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

I can't sleep at night with this foot issue.  Started in one foot and ankle now both are causing sleepless nights, walking and balance issues.  Finally seeing a neurologist but could not get an appt until MAY.  I slept a total of about 2 hours last night.  First thing upon waking up my toes are so cramped and distored in all directions I have to physically ease them back into position.  I look like a freak and it hurts.

Magnesium, Calcium and Potassium intake may need to be refigured.  A lack of either one of these could cause the leg cramps.  I get them but it's because I take a medication that causes the depletion.  I supplement magnesium CITRATE (easiest form to digest) and it has helped.

Talk to your doctor.  Never supplement potassium or magnesium w/o the direction of your doctor.  Too much can cause heart problems.

I have asked the various doctors I've been to (cardiologist, foot/ankle doctor, my regular physician if it might be diabetes and they said no.  Is it a simple blood test?

A metabolic panel (simple blood test).  Don't supplement potassium/magnesium w/o doctor to guide you.  Too much of either is bad for heart and not enough in body is also bad for heart @rms1954 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life