Honored Contributor

I stopped in CVS this afternoon to straighten out an insurance issue with one of my prescriptions.

There were signs all over the store, starting right at the entrance saying things like "flu shots are here" and "ask for your flu shot today."

I mentioned it at the pharmacy. Isn't this a little early?  And they said no, we've got them in. They asked me if I wanted to go ahead and get one and I said no.  I get mine at Publix because they give a free gift card.  Plus, I think August 6th is too early. 

Anyone else already seeing signs?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I haven’t see the signs but read online that they have shipped the flu shots out to providers already.  I think it’s a bit early to get one too

Trusted Contributor

It is indeed very early for flue vaccination. Wish it was for COVID-19, we would all run for it!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Valued Contributor

I always get a flu shot for health reasons, but usually wait until October. If I got it now I would worry about it lasting until Spring.

Esteemed Contributor

Seems way early.  I was also wondering about getting that close to someone.  Wonder if they let you take it home to do it yourself?  A pharmacist sees way to much of the public to be safe.

Respected Contributor

Walgreens sent an email today explaining the importance of getting the flu vaccine this year, along with an expanded Q & A (the usual list). This did make we wonder if they have started the flu vaccines in their "clinics." 

I usually get mine in mid September.

Honored Contributor

Re: Flu shots already?

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining wrote:

Seems way early.  I was also wondering about getting that close to someone.  Wonder if they let you take it home to do it yourself?  A pharmacist sees way to much of the public to be safe.

@Still Raining - no way would they give it to you to take home.

In the amount of time the actual shots takes, like 2 seconds, As long as we are both wearing masks I'm fine with it.

I had a mammogram 2 weeks ago and felt comfortable with that.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I've seen signs too - I think there was one at the supermarket.  I wondered if they'd left it up from last year.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I started getting emails re flu shots today. 

I had such an awful reaction to the "senior" shot last year - I don't know what I'm going to do this year. 

Have to have a discussion with my doc.

Honored Contributor

I asked my doctor's office and CVS about flu shots.  They said to call back at the end of August/beginning of September.  

My daughter needs to get one on or around Sept. 1st.  It would be nice to have them available now.

I'm anticipating a horrible flu season on top of Covid.