Esteemed Contributor

More achy today than I remember in the past.  Perhaps they packed this one with more punch.

Still accomplished laundry, etc., but didn't run the stairs as fast.

Get your flu shot.......................

Super Contributor

Got mine today, and took my mom  !    She fussed about not wanting to get one... never gets sick.... so on and so forth..   They may not be foolproof but I do believe it helps for sure. 

Respected Contributor

We got our's this week too.  In VA some flu has already been reported.

Esteemed Contributor

I got mine early Sept.

Hopefully tomorrow will be 2nd part of shingles shot.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt Glad for you.  I'm waiting for this swollen knee thing to be treated first.

For aches, when a teacher, the nurse always said to take two ibuprofen or Tylenol.

Super Contributor

I thought this one really stung too! Much more so than usual. My arm was definitely achy a few hours later. 

Honored Contributor

I got the quadrivalent shot at the beginning of September. I slept most of the day...it seemed to make me sleepy.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee Sleepy - yes - after shower - bed making, etc., I felt like I needed a nap (after 8 hrs of sleep)  But arm hasn't bothered me one bit..............it's an all over .body muscle ache------------but mostly over it now.  9:00 PM Eastern

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I got the quadrivalent shot at the beginning of September. I slept most of the day...it seemed to make me sleepy.

@SilleeMee The WHAT honey?  I've never heard of that one!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee The WHAT honey?  I've never heard of that one!

@ECBG 

That quadrivalent shot is given to people under age 65. A trivalent (high-dose) is the one for 65 and older. The 'quad' means it contains 4 strains of flu antigen whereas the 'tri' contains 3 strains of flu antigen.