Honored Contributor

Way too early, IMHO.  I've always hear the best time is October.

Honored Contributor

Yup.  I got an email from CVS last week telling me it was time for flu and pneumonia shots.

Honored Contributor

I got a mailer showing dates and times. Will get ours in September. Not sure I believe the shot is only effective for 90 days as someone else stated. I'm curious if a Covid booster will be available in September.

Respected Contributor

I work with children. My doctor recommended I get the flu shot before school reopens. I was just telling my husband I will try to get it next week.

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I will wait until Oct ( hoping they release the new Flu/Covid combination shot by then).

Trusted Contributor

@sann wrote:

Flu shot only effective for about 90 days ...if I take it now may not have enough protection by the time flu season arrives....PCP recommends October...

The flu shot is effective for the duration of flu season, which is about six months.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Trusted Contributor

We can get the flu vax free at work.  I just scheduled mine for mid October.  

Respected Contributor

I agree with others that this seems early and Sept/Oct is a better time.

Honored Contributor

I have a feeling that this flu season is going to be 'normal' and not like it was last year when the flu prevalence was abnormally low b/c of mask wearing. This year will be different with more people getting sick with the flu b/c people won't be wearing masks like last year. I plan on getting my flu shot early b/c of that.

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh I always get mine late Sept/early Oct.