Honored Contributor

The flu season is in full swing in our area. My youngest grandbaby is not old enough for a flu shot yet so we are trying to keep her away from crowds as much as possible right now. I hear advice from drs on the news all the time saying if you feel sick stay home. Every time I go to the grocery store or anywhere else...I get coughed on, sneezed on, and none of these people make any attempt to cover their mouths.....grrrr! Wash your hands and stay home if you are sick!

Esteemed Contributor

^^^

And for that reason alone, I'm glad I have Shipt!

Honored Contributor

And this major surge in flu cases after the holidays is exactly why I stock my house with food, and stay out of stores as much as possible.   

I had a medical appt this afternoon that was a mile from my grocery store, so I ran in long enough to get bacon, eggs, milk, bread, cereal, and peroxide.   

Your grandchild is at risk for RSV, and everyone in the family needs to be very careful about infecting her with any viral illness.   

Honored Contributor

A relative of mine was recently diagnosed with Type A flu.  She got her flu shot.  She was down for 2 weeks.  

Honored Contributor
We are keeping her home and no church nursery per her very attentive pediatrician. Another grand baby had RSV years ago and he was one sick boy.
Honored Contributor

I do most of my shopping early on Sunday mornings when the stores are nearly empty. I like doing that because of the traffic, too....it's so crazy around here. Go shopping early, avoid the crowds, avoid heavy traffic and maybe keep myself from getting sick also.

ETA - Last year's flu shot was only about 50% effective. It's too early to say what it is this year.  Info for that will be available on the CDC website sometime after the season comes to an end.

Honored Contributor

I came down with something this week, not fun,i am so carefull,disenfecting things,washing hands,wonder if we should get some masks to wear,with every thing going around in the news.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I do not worry or think about it.  I got my shot... take care of myself... wash my hands often especially after shopping or going out.  But, I am not going to stay home being afraid to be out.  No Way.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I got my shot like I do every year and well this year I caught the flu, so be careful out there

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I do not worry or think about it.  I got my shot... take care of myself... wash my hands often especially after shopping or going out.  But, I am not going to stay home being afraid to be out.  No Way.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I worry about getting sick ,it is just me no one to help care for me,or my dogs.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.