Trusted Contributor

@QPrincess wrote:

Same here. After first shingles shot I felt like I had no energy at all and my arm was red with a knot and feverish. It lasted about 5 days or so. It didn't bother my husband near as much. I was really dreading the second shot which I got about 3 weeks ago and that one wasn't the issue that first shot was.

The same thing happened to me.  With the 1st shot my whole upper arm was red, hot and sore where they gave me the injection. It lasted about a week.  I was dreading the second one but it wasn,t near as bad as the first one. DH wasn't bothered near as much.

Valued Contributor
Got regular flu shot 3 weeks ago. I'm 60. Yesterday got the first shingles shot. I had chicken pox as a kid & my dr. said that's linked to a 33% (high!) chance of getting the dreaded shingles. I am suffering the warned-about side effects-headache, body aches, fatigue. Told to schedule the second, necessary shingles shot within 2-6 months: I'm scheduled for 3 months out. Be safe & healthy my friends.
Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

DH and I don't take more than one shot at a time so if we have a reaction we will know which one was the culprit.

Thankfully we've had both shingles doses and both pneumonia doses without reactions. Just soreness.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

@OKPrincess 

May I ask how long you were really uncomfortable with the shingles shot?  Is it similar to soreness from the flu shot?

I'm wondering about scheduling mine since I work.  Many thanks.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

DH and I don't take more than one shot at a time so if we have a reaction we will know which one was the culprit.

Thankfully we've had both shingles doses and both pneumonia doses without reactions. Just soreness.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

@OKPrincess 

May I ask how long you were really uncomfortable with the shingles shot?  Is it similar to soreness from the flu shot?

I'm wondering about scheduling mine since I work.  Many thanks.

It was a little sore but the hardest part was not to lay on the arm at night for a couple of nights.  I always have shot in right arm since I'm left-handed. 

the shots are not painful at all. I'm 67.

Trusted Contributor

I just had a flu shot and my second Shringrix shot an hour and a half ago.  Was a little nervous about both together, but doctor said that was fine.  I normally don't have any reaction to flu shot and for my first shingles shot, just had a really sore arm for about 5 days.  Feel fine now except for sore arm.  Hoping I don't have any bad reactions like some folks have had.

I was supposed to get my second Shringix shot months ago but my pharmacy was always out every time I checked.  Was suprised they had it when I made an appt today for the flu shot.  They were supposed to call me when it was available and now I'm thinking they may have had it for months.  Very frustrating.  I feel really bad for people who have to deal with doctors/health insurance/pharmacies a lot.  Seems like there are problems more times than not.

Honored Contributor

I was very ill for about 7 days. SIck in the bed for 3-4 days. I thought about if I still worked and decided I would have to take time off.My arm is still a little itchy where the injection was.

Respected Contributor

I got the senior flu shot this year...NEVER again, I feel awful, sore all over, nauesous, so tired. (all of which I never am)...

I had both shingles shots last year, other than horrid sore arm for 5 days I was fine..

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, it just amazes me how some of us can get the senior flu shot and have no discomfort at all, while others suffer so much. I almost didn't get the stronger shot after reading  some of the posts.   But I'm so glad I did, because it was a breeze. My sympathy to those who didn't get off so easy.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett