Respected Contributor

Water pic first then brush.

Honored Contributor

I don't use floss as much as some, as I use a Waterpik (plus sometimes a dental tool I have and/or Proxabrush).

So, I do the Waterpik first, of course.    It doesn't make sense to me to do it afterward, as you could push some food debris further into the gums with the brushing.

Plus, I use an Rx toothpaste and you need to not do anything after that (like drinking your water or anything to disturb the toothpaste that's left behind) for at least 30 minutes.

Growing up, we didn't get toothpaste or toothbrushes so I had to figure things out and, after I was a young adult, I could go to the dentist (back then our job med ins was so much more comprehensive, incl dental and vision care) and I always asked questions to make sure I'm doing right.  Still do.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Neither. Have false teeth.

Trusted Contributor

String floss first, then brush, Waterpic last.

Honored Contributor

I use a water pic...then my sonicare tooth brush..then floss last.  Mt DH always flosses first!

Honored Contributor

Brush

Floss

Brush

Closys Silver Mouthwash. 

Esteemed Contributor

Floss first

Honored Contributor

I was told FBI...floss, brush, irrigate.

Super Contributor
Water pik, floss, mouthwash, brush.
Esteemed Contributor

Exactly!  The purple one is what I use.  I am a retired dental assistant and we always used Listerine in our practice.  Many people skip the rinsing with mouthwash, and if it burns too much, as it is strong, you can dilute it a bit with water.   You won't lose the benefits of it.  Also I always told my kids, not flossing is like taking a shower and not washing your hair!!  It worked, not one filling and they are in their 30's!!  

Keep smiling @Yahooey Smiley Happy