Honored Contributor

Re: Florida will be adding to their eligibility for vaccinations

We drop to age 45 and above on Monday!

WOO HOO! 💙💙💙

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

Getting vaccine appointment in FL varies depending on where you live. Now that governor is opening appointments to nearly all age groups, it's nearly impossible for us seniors to book an appointment on our area of Tampa Bay. We are 75+ and should have been vaccinated in group 1b directly behind nursing homes and health care workers, but didn't happen. Appointments must be reserved online, and I can sit at my computer for 2 hours, then just get the message that all appointments are closed. Our governor is focused on drawing in the tourists, rather than on protecting seniors who live here. FL has a huge senior population and should be spending many more weeks vaccinating them before announcing an all-ages vaccination program. A 55 year old neighbor just got his shot, but my 80 year old husband cannot. Our PCP is disgusted with the way vaccinations have been handled here. He is hoping to receive some of the J & J vaccine to use with his senior patients.  

Esteemed Contributor

Same is happening in RI.  They just opened the vaccines to ages 60-64 and at the same time 16-64 with underlying conditions which you do not have to prove.  I am 60 and have been waiting patiently for mine.  My hubby is a bit older than me and thankfully he had his first one already and the second shot is next week.   I feel that the underlying condition people could have waited at least until the 40-50 year olds were up.   You simply cannot get through online for an appointment and the state website crashed yesterday.......

how ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CJC wrote:

Getting vaccine appointment in FL varies depending on where you live. Now that governor is opening appointments to nearly all age groups, it's nearly impossible for us seniors to book an appointment on our area of Tampa Bay. We are 75+ and should have been vaccinated in group 1b directly behind nursing homes and health care workers, but didn't happen. Appointments must be reserved online, and I can sit at my computer for 2 hours, then just get the message that all appointments are closed. Our governor is focused on drawing in the tourists, rather than on protecting seniors who live here. FL has a huge senior population and should be spending many more weeks vaccinating them before announcing an all-ages vaccination program. A 55 year old neighbor just got his shot, but my 80 year old husband cannot. Our PCP is disgusted with the way vaccinations have been handled here. He is hoping to receive some of the J & J vaccine to use with his senior patients.  

@CJC @CJC @maybe you might want to check some of these options for your@CJCTHIS MIGHT HELP YOU FIND A VACCINE.

County Vaccinations Sites

Appointments are mandatory. There will be no vaccines for persons without appointments.

Locations

Vance Vogel Sports Complex (drive-thru), 13012 Bullfrog Creek Road in Gibsonton

Ed Radice Sports Complex (drive-thru), 14720 Ed Radice Drive in Tampa

TPepin's Hospitality Centre (indoors), 4121 N. 50th St. in Tampa -  Enter the location via Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and follow directional signs to the parking area.

Eligibility (must fall in one of the following groups)

• Florida residency required
  • Individuals age 60 and older
  • Health care personnel who have direct contract with the public
  • K-12 school employees
  • Sworn law enforcement officers age 50 and older
  • Firefighters age 50 and older

Persons without proper applicable credentials will not receive a vaccine and will be turned away.

One of the following documents will be accepted:

• Government Issued ID
  • Organizational identification card or badge for eligible categories
  • Medical license (if applicable)
  • Paystub showing employment for eligible categories
  • W-2 IRS form showing employer for eligible categories
  • An employment verification letter on letterhead for eligible categories

Appointments

Appointments for vaccinations at a County-operated site are mandatory. There will be no vaccines for persons without appointments.

To make an appointment:
  • Create an account with CDR Health Pro by visiting patientportalfl.com. You cannot receive an appointment without first creating an account.
  • Select from available appointments for your first dose and your second dose appointment will be automatically assigned.
  Learn more Making An Appointment

Is there a cost to be vaccinated?
There is no out-of-pocket cost to be vaccinated. A doctor’s note or prescription is not required. Health insurance information is being collected in accordance with federal guidance; however, you will not be asked to pay a copay or deductible. Individuals who do not have health insurance will still be vaccinated.

What health care workers are being vaccinated?
Health care workers qualified for a vaccine by Executive Order of the Florida Governor are those individuals with direct patient contact. Examples include physicians, paramedics, emergency medical technicians, phlebotomists, nurses, home health providers, home medical equipment providers, therapists, dental office staff, pharmacists, and administrative/reception staff among other health care roles (including law enforcement officer, EMTs, fire fighters, school nurses).

Will I be able to make an appointment for my spouse/partner to receive the vaccine at the same time?
All appointments must be made individually. If you need assistance aligning appointments once they have been made, call the CDR Maguire helpline at (850) 848-5287 or email Covid19support@cdrmaguire.com.

What vaccine is available at the County’s public vaccination sites?
At this time, the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is being dispensed.

How many doses of the vaccine are required?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, two doses are the most effective.

When are second-dose appointments made?
When you select an appointment for the first dose, the appointment system will automatically assign a date and time for your second dose.

Who do I ask further questions about the CDR Maguire registration process?
Call the CDR Maguire helpline at (850) 848-5287 or email Covid19support@cdrmaguire.com.

I Have An Appointment, Now What?

What happens if I did not receive an appointment confirmation?
It is very important to enter accurate and complete information into the registration portal. If you do not receive the confirmation QR code (via email, and text if applicable), call the CDR Maguire helpline at (850) 848-5287 or email Covid19support@cdrmaguire.com.

Can I arrive early for my appointment?
No. Please do not arrive ahead of your scheduled appointment time. Early arrivals create traffic congestion and line delays. Those arriving early will be turned away and instructed to return at their appointment time.

What do I need to bring with me to the
      State-Supported Vaccination Sites

Please do not arrive ahead of your scheduled appointment time. Early arrivals create traffic congestion and line delays. Those arriving early will be turned away and instructed to return at their appointment time.

Locations

The state is providing COVID-19 vaccines to eligible persons in Hillsborough County at the following site(s):

Raymond James Stadium

Eligibility

Florida continues to prioritize the state’s most vulnerable populations for vaccinations, as determined by the Governor of Florida. Those eligible to receive the vaccine include:

• Individuals 65 years of age and older
  • Frontline health care workers
  • K-12 School Employees 50 years+
  • Sworn Law Enforcement Officers 50 years+
  • Firefighters 50 years+

Please Note: Appointments are required. The closed POD will operate by appointment only for those who live or work in Hillsborough County. Qualified healthcare workers in accordance with the Governor's Executive Order 21-47 that includes those individuals with direct patient contact. Examples include physicians, paramedics, emergency medical technicians, phlebotomists, nurses, home health providers, home medical equipment providers, therapists, dental office staff, pharmacists, and administrative/reception staff among other health care roles (including law enforcement officer, EMTs, fire fighters, school nurses).

At this time, proof of eligibility is required. For eligibility questions, email DOHHillsboroughPHP@flhealth.gov.

Appointments

The state uses a statewide preregistration system to schedule COVID-19 vaccine appointments for individuals 65 and older and frontline health care workers. Eligible individuals can pre-register for vaccine appointments and be notified when appointments are available in their area by visiting MyVaccine.FL.gov.

Those who meet the state’s vaccination eligibility criteria may also call (866) 200-3896 or TTY (844) 251-5532 to pre-register by phone. Browse complete list of toll-free numbers for the Florida Preregistration System.

Second Dose Appointments
As of Feb. 20, state-supported vaccine sites now schedule second dose appointments on site, immediately after an individual receives their first dose.

If you received a vaccine at the state-supported site located at University Mall prior to on-site scheduling and need a second dose appointment, complete the form with questions about your first dose. The information will be sent to those scheduling appointments, and someone will contact you about your second dose appointment.

Learn More

For more information about state-supported vaccination sites, including what to bring to a vaccination appointment and other COVID-19 vaccine resources, visit FloridaDisaster.org/Vaccine.

Questions?

The Florida COVID-19 Call Center is available 24/7. Call (866) 779-6121 or email COVID-19@flhealth.gov for questions regarding COVID-19

Other Ways to Get Vaccinated

Health Care Locations

Qualified individuals under Phase 2 of the governor of Florida's vaccination distribution plan are also encouraged to check with their health care provider as they may be able to provide a vaccine.

Pharmacy Locations

Some pharmacies located in Hillsborough County are administering COVID-19 vaccines through the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program.

To find participating locations and to make an appointment visit:

Vulnerable Populations

The Governor's Executive Order 21-47 allows COVID-19 vaccinations for those deemed medically vulnerable by a physician. Those individuals must have the COVID-19 Determination of Extreme Vulnerability form, completed and signed by a physician. Vaccines will not be given if the form is not completed.

Locations in Hillsborough County where someone deemed medically vulnerable by a physician can be vaccinated are:

1. Federal-run site at the Tampa Greyhound Track, 755 E. Waters Ave. in Tampa from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
  2. Pharmacies administering the vaccine:

SEE ALL VACCINE OPTIONS

Trusted Contributor

When is Florida going to start vaccinating the poor people?  Seems the wealthy are getting it first.....

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

When is Florida going to start vaccinating the poor people?  Seems the wealthy are getting it first.....

@DottieBlue 

From where is that statistic coming?  Is that being reported in FL?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

@DottieBlue wrote:

@DottieBlue 

From where is that statistic coming?  Is that being reported in FL?

Yes.  In fact, newspapers in the State have called for an investigation.  He is putting his wealthy "donors" at the head of the line, especially those living in the Keys in gated communities.

Trusted Contributor

Well hallelujah!  Finally was able to book vaccine appt for my 80 year old hubby here in Tampa Bay!  He will be getting the two dose Pfizer at a nearby CVS. CVS just began scheduling appts this weekend at select pharmacies. That info has not even been released yet to our news media, which is why I was able to grab a spot. 

Respected Contributor

Taken from the information posted.

Is there a cost to be vaccinated?
There is no out-of-pocket cost to be vaccinated. A doctor’s note or prescription is not required. Health insurance information is being collected in accordance with federal guidance; however, you will not be asked to pay a copay or deductible.

Individuals who do not have health insurance will still be vaccinated.

Honored Contributor

Essential workers are up next in Washington State.