Honored Contributor

Re: Flax Products including Flax Seed Powder recalled for three types of Salmonella

@Still Raining wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

We also use Bob's Red Mill

Have you ever been to the store/bakery and got the sorghum bread?  I clean out shelf when I go.

My DH who eats the flax, says he knows what sorghum is, but not heard of it in a bread, where do you find it??

I had never seen it until I went to their store/bakery.  Fell in love.  It is a dense, moist brown bread.  

They have more product at the store too.  I can get white corn grits there.

Just wondered if you were from around Portland and have been.  

Are you saying their is a Bob's Red Mill store? Portland Oregon or Maine??

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Flax Products including Flax Seed Powder recalled for three types of Salmonella

I've used Barleans for a long time.  I like the golden the best.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

We also use Bob's Red Mill

Have you ever been to the store/bakery and got the sorghum bread?  I clean out shelf when I go.

My DH who eats the flax, says he knows what sorghum is, but not heard of it in a bread, where do you find it??

I had never seen it until I went to their store/bakery.  Fell in love.  It is a dense, moist brown bread.  

They have more product at the store too.  I can get white corn grits there.

Just wondered if you were from around Portland and have been.  

Are you saying their is a Bob's Red Mill store? Portland Oregon or Maine??

Absolutely, over in a southeast suburb of Portland, Oregon (Milwaukee).  Hard to stagger out with the weight of the bags.

If that does not undo you, there is a to-die-for restaurant upstairs.  

Or just cruise the bakery.  Oh my hips 😂

Even around here, what you find in stores is a very small sample of what they offer.

Feel a road trip coming on.  Must text DD.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

Stuck in bed today with nothing better to do than research, I checked their website.  Oh my, what a crock.  

Some of the products (the "plus" ones) have senna leaves.  Helps weight loss apparently.  But......you know 😂

@Still Raining @When the testing was done on the flax products it was actually ground senna, used by the mfr in their senna, that was found to be contaminated with the Salmonellas.

Have to ask why ANY flax product "needs" to contain a laxative. 

Super Contributor

I think I have seen this brand at Walmart....in the past.....not sure if they still carry it....