Honored Contributor

Flax Products including Flax Seed Powder recalled for three types of Salmonella

[ Edited ]

Here is a link to the FDA about the recall of flax seed products. There are pictures of the products and all pertinent information. https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/salud-natural-entrepreneur-inc-r...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Flax Products including Flax Seed Powder recalled for three types of Salmonella

Voluntary recall by the company.  From the alert:

Salud Natural Entrepreneur, Inc. of Waukegan, IL is voluntarily recalling Nopalina Flax Seed Fiber (powder) and Nopalina Flax Seed Fiber (capsule) products due to possible Salmonella contamination in one of the ingredients used on the formula of Nopalina Flax Seed Fiber.

Honored Contributor

Re: Flax Products including Flax Seed Powder recalled for three types of Salmonella

Odd brand...never have seen this brand,

F20D9F04-E188-45DD-ADA3-25AE66D1778E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I'm good.  I use Arrowhead Mills and Bob's Mill.

Never heard of the recalled one.

Esteemed Contributor

Stuck in bed today with nothing better to do than research, I checked their website.  Oh my, what a crock.  

Some of the products (the "plus" ones) have senna leaves.  Helps weight loss apparently.  But......you know 😂

Honored Contributor

We also use Bob's Red Mill

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Have you ever been to the store/bakery and got the sorghum bread?  I clean out shelf when I go.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Have you ever been to the store/bakery and got the sorghum bread?  I clean out shelf when I go.

My DH who eats the flax, says he knows what sorghum is, but not heard of it in a bread, where do you find it??

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

My DH who eats the flax, says he knows what sorghum is, but not heard of it in a bread, where do you find it??

I had never seen it until I went to their store/bakery.  Fell in love.  It is a dense, moist brown bread.  

They have more product at the store too.  I can get white corn grits there.

Just wondered if you were from around Portland and have been.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining wrote:

Stuck in bed today with nothing better to do than research, I checked their website.  Oh my, what a crock.  

Some of the products (the "plus" ones) have senna leaves.  Helps weight loss apparently.  But......you know 😂

@Still Raining @When the testing was done on the flax products it was actually ground senna, used by the mfr in their ground flax , that was found to be contaminated with the Salmonellas.