Occasional Contributor

Good morning!

I am thinking about getting a Fitbit as a birthday present for myself. I am determined to make my 48th year the one I get in shape and get healthy. Does anyone use the Fitbit? What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

Occasional Contributor

I was hoping someone who'd used both the fitbit and a smartphone could explain the difference between them. I'm super gadget-ey and it sounds like great fun, but I can't figure out what it does, that the phones already do.

I've looked all over FitBit's website, and clearly am not smart enough to ferret out their comparison data.

Based on the many QVC shows I've googled, it appears to be a fancy electronic step counter. An electronic version of those little gadgets we used in girl scouts for instance. Also, both iPhone and my Samsung galaxy have step counters, which are pretty fancy, they adjust for climbing and all sorts of stuff.

Could someone who has one explain how it's different from the similar cell phone apps and such? Thanks! (before they run out of purple Smiley Very Happy).

And my cell can track all of my food too. I think it has a sleep tracker, but not sure how that works. Do you have to buy a separate piece and hook up while you're sleeping?

Super Contributor

I'm also thinking of purchasing the fitbit one as I've seen nothing but good reviews for it.

I was just curious, is it hard to set up to get it to count your steps etc? I never had much luck/accuracy with other pedometer type devices.

Thanks so much!