Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately it's an older model. I guess that is to be expected with QVC.

F11749 Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Tracker with Extra Band

F11749 Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Tracker with Extra BandF11749 Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Tracker with Extra Band

Valued Contributor

It didn't get very good reviews from the last time. I don't know about this one....

Respected Contributor

I think I'll skip this TSV and go with the Pivotal Life Tracker 1 for $15 from here http://www.pivotalliving.com/#!pivotal-tracker-1/c1sre

This is what it looks like 12 Month Pivotal Living Membership + Pivotal Tracker 1 (Team Edition) And here is the item description. You can order the black from Amazon, back ordered, or this blue and green version now. At least if this works for me, then I'm only investing $15 initially, so if I want to upgrade then I can and know that I will use it.

Pivotal Tracker 1 is worn all the time, fitting seamlessly into your routine to track your daily activity and sleep. During the day, Pivotal Tracker 1 measures steps, distance traveled and calories burned. At night, it measures the quality and duration of your sleep and can be set to gently wake you in the morning.

The Pivotal Tracker 1 is an affordable health and wellness wearable. Working in conjunction with the Pivotal Living mobile app, the Pivotal Tracker 1 uses sensor technology to track daily activities, such as steps walked, daily activity, calories burned, and the amount (and quality) of sleep. The wristband sends information wirelessly to the Pivotal Living mobile app to provide real-time health and wellness reporting to help make smarter lifestyle choices.

While the Pivotal Tracker 1 captures basic stats on user’s activity, the Pivotal Living mobile app uses an activity sensor found inside most smartphones to reconcile data received from the band. It’s this process of corroborating the data that helps ensure a higher degree of accuracy. The Pivotal Tracker 1 measures daily activities by using a three-axis accelerometer to track: active time, calories burned, distance, sleep length, sleep quality, total steps.

The reviews aren't fantastic, but they mostly have issues with the app that is getting frequent updates as they tweak it. For $15, I can find out if it will be useful for me or not.

Contributor
I just got my daughter this one at bed bath & beyond. $99 but I was able to use a 20% coupon so it was only $80
Esteemed Contributor

God we had something like this in the 80's on infomercials. Hard work helps. No magic diet or formula.

Honored Contributor
On 1/1/2015 qvcaddition said:

God we had something like this in the 80's on infomercials. Hard work helps. No magic diet or formula.

It is definitely only going to make a difference if one works at it. But it can be a great motivational tool if you let it be. I was surprised at the difference it made in my activity level once I started using it in a positive manner.

I don't use it as a weight loss tool. I follow my own healthy nutrition plan that takes care of fat loss. But my lifestyle has become much more active since I started using my Fitbit One. I lov seeing improvements that are trackable.

There are many who find success with fitness trackers but also many who don't see any changes. It won't happen w/o making consistent effort.

Contributor
I will definitely speak to my cardiologist before I consider getting one, but I am wondering if any of you have a pacemaker and use this?
Respected Contributor
Guess most people are not skeptical, like me, regarding what FitBit does with the information it collects from these devices. Think concept is great but the privacy issues keep me away.
Honored Contributor
On 1/1/2015 Kindaglitzy said: Guess most people are not skeptical, like me, regarding what FitBit does with the information it collects from these devices. Think concept is great but the privacy issues keep me away.

Yes, I sometimes think it is only safe to live under a rock, and then only if one never comes out. There is no such thing as privacy these days no matter how careful one is.

Contributor
Love mine. Got it from HSN last year. I am not worried about privacy issues. Don't really care if the entire world knows how many steps I take a day. The app is configurable so you decide what info to enter anyway.