Valued Contributor

Fitbit Flex records my Leslie Sansone four mile walk dvd....

As closer to three to tbree and a half miles. I've been using her dvds for many years and am really disappointed. Anyone else have this happen? Any thoughts? My fitbit batteries are fine, and I make sure to stay on pace with her walks.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fitbit Flex records my Leslie Sansone four mile walk dvd....

Move those arms or you won't get the record.

Trusted Contributor

I have the flex too and the same problem. I'm on the treadmill for 4 miles and it shows only 2 + or so. I get accurate steps but not mileage. Also my active minutes is way off whack. Sometimes only a few minutes. Never over 20. Again I'm on the treadmill for an hour. My husband's seems to work better than mine for some reason.

Contributor

Could be that your stride length is not set properly in your FitBit account. I have the FitBit One and mine is accurate on both steps and distance. When I set up my account, it asked for my height and I think it automatically set a stride length which ended up accurate for me. But I know there is a spot to go in and put in your actual stride. Not sure where it's at though.

Respected Contributor

If you hold on the bars (I don't know if you do or not) while walking on a treadmill, I can see why it is under steps. This is just an idea. If you are on the treadmill, can you wrap the flex around your ankle and hold it on by pulling your sock up over it? Just and idea. If you do this, please post back and let us know if it works.

If there is a place to adjust your stride, this needs to be done. I have a flex and don't remember if there is a place to do this or not. Also you need to select if you wear your fitbit on your non-dominate or dominate arm. Make sure that is the correct setting also. I guess you could also try putting the flex on your ankle securing it with a sock to do the tapes if all else fails. I can't see why that wouldn't work.

Trusted Contributor

Ok ladies I am back with my findings. I took your advice and strapped it to my ankle. I did a mile in a bit over 16 min. Here's what the fitbit recorded. Steps, 2,254 - active minutes 16 - miles, .98. So that seems to do the trick. Thanks so much!! And it fit on my ankle... LOL.

Respected Contributor

On 3/19/2015 Junebug54 said:

Ok ladies I am back with my findings. I took your advice and strapped it to my ankle. I did a mile in a bit over 16 min. Here's what the fitbit recorded. Steps, 2,254 - active minutes 16 - miles, .98. So that seems to do the trick. Thanks so much!! And it fit on my ankle... LOL.

Very good to know! Thanks.

Contributor

OMG! Having many of the same issues - didn't think ankle - Thank you so much

Respected Contributor

I wanted to do an update on this. I "thought" I was walking way more than it was showing while wearing my Fitbit HR Charge on my non dominant arm. I don't swing my arms that much while walking. A lot of the times I'm either holding my phone or handbag in that hand, pushing a grocery cart, etc.

I put my FB around my ankle securing it with my sock top. I put my Bluetooth on my phone and watched my steps counting up on my phone while walking, sitting in a chair (even swinging my leg) or scooting back and forth in my office chair. The steps were spot on while watching on my phone in live time. It didn't add extra steps while swinging my legs, crossing them or rolling around (desk chair) at my desk.

I am now wearing it everyday on my ankle and getting at least 50% more steps.

I think it is accurate on your arms if you swing your arms with every step, but I don't.

Respected Contributor

Im going to try this with my zip. Thanks!