Respected Contributor

I had the Flex and upgraded to the Charge HR. I love it! There are several improvements from the Flex to the Charge HR. If you thinking about buying one, it is worth the upgraded features and price.

I love seeing the actual numbers. I also know when I'm in fat burning mode because of the heart rate monitor.

You can link your Fitbit to Myfitness Pal. It is very easy to log food in Myfitnesspal. They have a huge database of foods and it also saves all the stuff you normally eat. So logging food is easy and fast.

One more thing, the Charge HR is like a traditional watch band. It is much easier to clasp and you won't lose it!

Super Contributor

Just started using my Flex a few days ago. Love tracking my steps, but I can't seem to get the sleep function to work right. I really wanted it for that.

Valued Contributor
I use the flex and have since July. I try for 10,000 steps a day before my formal workout. It keeps me moving all day long at work!
Respected Contributor
On 1/26/2015 makeupaddicted1 said:

Just started using my Flex a few days ago. Love tracking my steps, but I can't seem to get the sleep function to work right. I really wanted it for that.

I had trouble with the sleep function also. I finally quit using that feature.

On the Charge HR, it is automatic. You don't have to do anything to put it in sleep mode.

Did you just buy your flex? Could you send it back?

Esteemed Contributor

I have the HR and really appreciate all the upgraded features. I don't think it's 100% infallible, but considering all the variable in how people use and wear the device, I think it's pretty remarkable. I highly recommend paying the extra 20.00 to get the HR due to the buckle.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 dancing cricket said:

I was worried about the flex picking up my hand motions, but I've concluded that it balances out. I gesture and it counts steps, but walking with my hands in my pockets, holding a handrail, pushing a shopping cart, carrying a laundry basket, notebook or purse... it doesn't count.

My discouragement is that the flex corrected my misimpression. I felt I didn't move enough and this would shame me into moving more and I would lose weight from the additional activity and monitoring of calories... easy peazy. Turns out I can log 10,000 legitimate steps a day (not just animated conversation gesturing) simply by wandering around looking for my reading glasses, car keys and trying to remember why I walked to the other end of the house together with my normal errands. Ugg, to slim down I'm going to have to do a great deal more and eat a great deal less. Neither easy nor peazy. Plus now I can legitimately complain (to the wall) about how much effort it takes to pick up someone else's dirty clothes strewn around the floor.

I sleep a whole lot less than I thought I did, which is something very important that the flex showed me. I always counted my official bed time (not the time I actually went to bed) and my official alarm time concluding that I always got 8 hours. Not true, more like 5 hours.

I like it, I've not taken it off except to charge it, and I think I will continue using it. But until it shocks me when it senses repetitive plate to mouth hand movements, it won't cause me to lose weight. And until it can bend space and time to make a day longer I won't exercise enough to meet my goal.

If you are getting in 10,000 and you feel you aren't moving enough, why don't you put your goal at 15,000 steps? You can have your goal anything you want.

I really don't think you can get 10,000 without trying. the reason I say that is I do a lot of chores, etc. and I really have to work off and on all day to get in 10,000 steps. I'm wondering if the step count on yours is wrong. Are you using yours on your non-dominant arm? I think you can also set it to be less sensitive or more sensitive.

I think by setting it at 15,000, that would help you get more active.

Just trying to help here.

Super Contributor

My husband and I got our original Fitbit Ultras in April 2012 and we loved them. Neither of us were fans of how you had to wear them (clipped to your clothes) and the holster clips used to break after awhile. That was the only negative. But seeing your activity tracked gave you more of an impetus to MOVE, because you felt like a slug if your goals weren't reached. Eventually the holster broke too many times to be worth replacing, so my husband switched to the Nike Fuelband. He didn't like that near as well as the Fitbit.

This Christmas I bought him the Fitbit Charge and he LOVES it, and I ended up buying myself one (as well as getting their Aria scale). It's easier to wear, we love that it displays the time and absolutely love the alarm on it, which the original Fitbit did not have. Now no more loud alarm clocks to startle us awake. And I'm back to really being motivated to MOVE more, thanks to the constant reminder I wear on my wrist.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 MrsT said:

My husband and I got our original Fitbit Ultras in April 2012 and we loved them. Neither of us were fans of how you had to wear them (clipped to your clothes) and the holster clips used to break after awhile. That was the only negative. But seeing your activity tracked gave you more of an impetus to MOVE, because you felt like a slug if your goals weren't reached. Eventually the holster broke too many times to be worth replacing, so my husband switched to the Nike Fuelband. He didn't like that near as well as the Fitbit.

This Christmas I bought him the Fitbit Charge and he LOVES it, and I ended up buying myself one (as well as getting their Aria scale). It's easier to wear, we love that it displays the time and absolutely love the alarm on it, which the original Fitbit did not have. Now no more loud alarm clocks to startle us awake. And I'm back to really being motivated to MOVE more, thanks to the constant reminder I wear on my wrist.

We own a small furniture store. I use my Fitbit alarm to remind me to do important things. Like today, we had to do a delivery at 4PM or after. I set my alarm for 4:00. I was busy with a customer when it went off. Otherwise I might have forgotten to call DH to do the delivery. We also have rental houses/apartments. He is suppose to go to one of our apartments at 4:00 tomorrow, so I'll set my alarm so I can call and tell him to go up there. He runs all day long and is not tech savvy, so he depends on me to call him when it is time to do something.

Contributor

I have had my Flex Fitbit for one complete week and now working on my second week. It has already made a big difference to me. The things that people have complained about I believe are exactly right, but in the big scheme of things it is about your trends - what are you doing, physically - eating - etc. It has taken me one week to get the hang of it. But, I highly recommend it - it is fun - energizing - I have joined a walking group. It gets you out there - keeps you on point. I recommend you go for it!

Not applicable

I have the Fitbit flex and got that model for the sleep feature. I'm still working on getting tjje sleep feature to work every night, but I will get the hang of it. I've only had it a few weeks. I am still on the fence about it because I can't see my steps, I have to synch it to see them but it has inspired me to walk more and it shows me how much I DO NOT move because I sit all day at work. If you want to journal your food, activitiessleep and even water (way cool!) it really is helpful. It does help me move more and see that I sit too much! I am not concerned about the accuracy of the steps. I did record my step length as suggested, so it's just a good guide.