Respected Contributor

FitBit Charge HR....Won't Sync HELP PLEASE!

[ Edited ]

I am posting this here hoping someone might be able to give me some ideas on how to get my Charge HR to sync.  I have (husband also) rebooted my fitbit several times yesterday and today.  I removed app from my phone and then re-installed it.  I have checked for help online community older posts and did the solutions listed there.  I am just not sure what else to try.  I have turned on location so it's not that.  Did the suggestions from off the fitbit site online....and it still won't sync.  

If you have any other ideas suggestions for me to try I would greatly appreciate the help...Woman Embarassed

UPDATE: I gave up last night but decided to try it this morning and it worked...now it's syncing again!  To bad I had to lose my stats to do it by removing the device but it was the only way.

Honored Contributor

Re: FitBit Charge HR....Won't Sync HELP PLEASE!

Fitbit has a very helpful CS dept, the number is on Fitbit's website

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Is the bluetooth on and has it been paired before? Or is this a new problem and it's been syncng?

What does it say when you're trying to sync? For some reason on my tablet I get the message that it's looking and can't find the tracker. Usually fixes itself. I've had a few times on my phone where it wont go through and I have to turn the bluetooth off and back on.

Trusted Contributor

I have to agree with @I am still oxox, Fitbit CS is amazing.  You can email them or call.  They'll get right back to you.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

Yes I will try calling them tomorrow and see if they have any ideas for me thanks for mentioning that.  

Husband and I just did all kinds of stuff to try.  Took device off app....then uninstalled app.  Turned off phone...powered back on...turned blue tooth off and on again.  downloaded app....and attempted to register a new device.  Went thur all the motions and that awful swirling icon just goes on forever and can't find say's it's searching forever!

So husband took it all off again.  Took my fitbit HR and tried to pair it with his device...same thing searching forever and won't find it.

Then I downloaded app to my computer.  Logged in to my account and selected to add new device since it is has no device listed.  Again searching and can't pair with it.

I can't imagine what their CS will tell me to do...but for tonight I am just sick of it.  I give up for now....if they can't help me tomorrow then I will have to "call it" time of death was 8:33pm 12/12/2018!

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite

Hope you get it fixed it's aggravating when it does not work right.

When mine goes around in circles & will not sink. I close the App & re-open & it works. Sometimes I have to wait a minute. Sometimes I click on the icon just right of the arrow on the Dashboard. On that page I click on Alta HR since that's what I have & go over & click on Sync Now there & it will work.

I would think resetting your Fitbit plus reinstalling the App would have fixed it.

Respected Contributor

UPDATE: I got it to sync this morning after giving up on it last night.  Perhaps the over night break from all the ways I was trying to get it to sync helped? who knows....works now...too bad I had to lose my stats oh well.