Honored Contributor

Re: Fit Bit Walker's Club....welcome in. :)

I try to make 10,000 my minimum every day. Yesterday I was busy getting ready for a visit from my best friend, her sister and mom and I was cooking and cleaning...with two dog walks.

At the end of the day, I was at 10,001!

Regular Contributor

I am so impressed with you ladies making to to 10k!! Decided to take the advice and revise my goal down in order to get at least some positive reinforcement. I'm on 6k goal now. Looking forward to it lighting up when I reach it today. My plan is to reach that and increase it by 1k every day.
Super Contributor

I'm at 3k for the day (didn't do a thing all day!) so Captain and I have a very long walk ahead of us. Going to wait an hour so it cools off a little, but I'll still be a sweaty mess. Not doing well with my water intake today either... I gotta get on it!

Super Contributor

On 6/22/2014 snickster said:

Went for a mile & a half walk early this morning, then mowed some on the yard till I thought I was having heat stroke (lol), I am at 8800 steps so far for today, I am pooped out and may not get too much more today. We'll see...I would like to get my 10 thousand, it's not that far off.

You can do it, you still have a couple hours!

Super Contributor

On 6/22/2014 terrier3 said:

I try to make 10,000 my minimum every day. Yesterday I was busy getting ready for a visit from my best friend, her sister and mom and I was cooking and cleaning...with two dog walks.

At the end of the day, I was at 10,001!

Gotta love it!

Super Contributor

On 6/22/2014 CelticAngel said: I am so impressed with you ladies making to to 10k!! Decided to take the advice and revise my goal down in order to get at least some positive reinforcement. I'm on 6k goal now. Looking forward to it lighting up when I reach it today. My plan is to reach that and increase it by 1k every day.

Good for you Angel! I think changing your goal to something more realistic for you at this time is a wonderful idea. I think people do better with positive reinforcement so hopefully the attainable goal will inspire you to do a little more each day. Once hitting your 6k becomes easy, try adding 500 steps at a time Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I have had mine for a week and love it. I finally am accountable! I have done great up until today. I have a sick dog and was babysitting for a neighbor so I did not get a chance to walk today. I am meeting a friend tomorrow morning. I try to get 7500-10,000 steps done by noon each day. I am not weighing myself. I am going to wait a few more days.

Super Contributor

On 6/22/2014 Kimi-Eliz said:

I have had mine for a week and love it. I finally am accountable! I have done great up until today. I have a sick dog and was babysitting for a neighbor so I did not get a chance to walk today. I am meeting a friend tomorrow morning. I try to get 7500-10,000 steps done by noon each day. I am not weighing myself. I am going to wait a few more days.

Way to go! I wish I had the "go" to get my steps in by noon! How many steps do you usually do in a day? I don't own a scale so I won't know my weight until I go to the doctor next Monday (or go to a friend's house with a scale).

Super Contributor

Reporting back after my walk, 11,509 steps!

eta- And I earned my 50 Lifetime Miles badge {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

PalmTree11; Way to go, girl!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"To each their own, in all things".