Honored Contributor

Re: Fit Bit Walker's Club....welcome in. :)

Hi ladies, I would love to join you in walking. I have had mine for several weeks now (got it from Amazon), but the battery died and I haven't replaced it yet. Plan on doing that tomorrow. I thought having the fitbit would be motivation enough, but I need more, so I am happy to join with you fitbitters. So far I haven't tracked anything other than steps, my highest was 15,000, but most days it is around 5000-6000. I need that motivation. I have the one you can clip to your bra or carry in your pocket.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

On 6/20/2014 graycatsrule said:

I got my fitbit flex in late March. I knew 10k steps would be alot for me. I'm in need of motivation to increase steps. I'll join the club.

Welcome, graycatsrule! Since you have had yours for a while, please tell us how many steps you achieve in an average day?

Super Contributor

On 6/20/2014 PalmTree11 said:

Reporting in from my evening walk! I love my FitBit, it really motivates me to get those 10k steps. So far I have been able to do it every day, except for the first day I got it because it wasn't charged until evening. Wish I would have just started the next day, but I had to play with my new toy!

I get my steps in by walking my dogs. My one dog is my walking partner, and for a lil guy he keeps up!

Christine, did you watch a video for how to tell the FitBit you're going to sleep? I found this confusing at first, but you basically repeatedly tap the FitBit until the lights dance and it vibrates and then the first and last light light up.

Lesley, One thing that I learned from watching one of the You Tube videos was that you

can charge it much faster if you plug the Fitbit cord into a wall outlet via a USB (like the one that charges your phone) rather than your computer. That's what I did this afternoon. Mine already had three lights, but I was able to bring it up to a full charge in about an hour. I think it was the same video that explained how to put it into a sleep mode. Smile

Super Contributor

On 6/20/2014 snickster said:

Hi ladies, I would love to join you in walking. I have had mine for several weeks now (got it from Amazon), but the battery died and I haven't replaced it yet. Plan on doing that tomorrow. I thought having the fitbit would be motivation enough, but I need more, so I am happy to join with you fitbitters. So far I haven't tracked anything other than steps, my highest was 15,000, but most days it is around 5000-6000. I need that motivation. I have the one you can clip to your bra or carry in your pocket.

Yay snickster! Welcome in. This is going to be fun! I think we all need that motivation - - certainly I know that I do! Smile

Honored Contributor

When I was on the Fitbit website in the Community area, I believe I saw a QVC group....maybe start one there? As well as here?

Super Contributor

On 6/20/2014 sidsmom said:

When I was on the Fitbit website in the Community area, I believe I saw a QVC group....maybe start one there? As well as here?

Really sidsmom? Thanks for telling us that. I will have to check into it. You would think someone that recently purchased theirs from Q would have mentioned it, right?
Super Contributor

On 6/20/2014 benzgirl said:

Really sidsmom? Thanks for telling us that. I will have to check into it. You would think someone that recently purchased theirs from Q would have mentioned it, right?

I'll have to look for it. The cool thing about a group on the FitBit site is that we could see everyone's steps to help motivate.

Honored Contributor

Just finished my 2 mile walk that topped me off at a little over 10K today.

I've had a FitBit from our health insurance co. since last year.

They give you incentives to earn $1000 to put towards your health care costs the following year. Isn't a 'use it or lose it' deal either.

Also you can earn Whole Foods gift cards and other things too.

I've haven't synced mine in a while but am sure I'm over a million steps so far this year!

It try to do 10,000 steps a day, but honestly it doesn't always happen. We travel from state to state a couple of times a month visiting and those days alone when you're driving you just don't get it in.

We're visiting out of state now and the past three days I've spent with a newborn grandchild. So I'm was only getting about 2,000 steps a day and that was walking the baby around to get him to sleep! Hard earned 2,000 steps I say!

Drinking my protein concoction right now after my walk. I try to do 2 miles in under 30 mins.

Love seeing this thread!

Super Contributor

On 6/20/2014 Lucky Charm said:

Just finished my 2 mile walk that topped me off at a little over 10K today.

I've had a FitBit from our health insurance co. since last year.

They give you incentives to earn $1000 to put towards your health care costs the following year. Isn't a 'use it or lose it' deal either.

Also you can earn Whole Foods gift cards and other things too.

I've haven't synced mine in a while but am sure I'm over a million steps so far this year!

It try to do 10,000 steps a day, but honestly it doesn't always happen. We travel from state to state a couple of times a month visiting and those days alone when you're driving you just don't get it in.

We're visiting out of state now and the past three days I've spent with a newborn grandchild. So I'm was only getting about 2,000 steps a day and that was walking the baby around to get him to sleep! Hard earned 2,000 steps I say!

Drinking my protein concoction right now after my walk. I try to do 2 miles in under 30 mins.

Love seeing this thread!

I'm so jealous, you must have some great health insurance!

Honored Contributor

On 6/20/2014 PalmTree11 said:
On 6/20/2014 benzgirl said:

I'll have to look for it. The cool thing about a group on the FitBit site is that we could see everyone's steps to help motivate.

https://www.fitbit.com/group/2226MG

Here's the link to the public board. Of course, it will list your first name & picture, if you have downloaded, so unlike this forum, there will be a little bit of personal info that is public. Just FYI!