Honored Contributor

Re: Fit Bit Walker's Club....welcome in. :)

On 6/23/2014 grandmatobe said: Good morning ladies! After reading this board I have been inspired and bought a fit bit flex yesterday! I'm excited...trying to get use to everything! I've not very active, but hoping this helps! Do y'all recommend I set my goal for less than the 10,000 steps? Also, I logged my breakfast but need to remove one duplicate, but can't figure it out...any suggestions? Thanks!

I would start just take a few days and do everything you normally do.

That will give you a baseline and you can grow from there.

If you find out that you do 3,000 steps a day now....trying to increase to 10,000 might be too much too soon.

I would just try to increase every day...even 500 steps a day better than the day before - until you get to 10,000.

I am 60 and even though I work out a lot, I started getting knee issues for the first time in my life when I tried to do 20,000 a day. My trainer told me to cut back!

Super Contributor

anOn 6/23/2014 grandmatobe said: Good morning ladies! After reading this board I have been inspired and bought a fit bit flex yesterday! I'm excited...trying to get use to everything! I've not very active, but hoping this helps! Do y'all recommend I set my goal for less than the 10,000 steps? Also, I logged my breakfast but need to remove one duplicate, but can't figure it out...any suggestions? Thanks!

Hello grandmatobe and welcome!

I can help you out. Simply go into your Food Log and scroll to the bottom part of the page where all of your foods are broken down showing calories, fat, fiber, etc. Hover your mouse over the food that you want to delete and you will see an X to the left of that particular food. Click on the X and it will delete that item.

Super Contributor

On 6/23/2014 snickster said:

Just back from about a 2 and a half mile walk, it's really hot and humid out already, glad I got that done already. The rest of the day is just some housework and cooking. Hope I can get at least another 5 or 6 thousand steps in today. I am trying to add a thousand per day to my total, once I get 15,000 I will try to stay at that amount.

Hi snickster. That's awesome. I went walking this morning around the neighborhood - - really didn't know how far that would take me so I was anxious to log in when I got back. It turned out that I walked just under 1.5 miles and logged 3417 steps. Even though I have always been active but have not been walking recently, I was satisfied with that but will certainly increase my distance tomorrow. It's already 80 degrees (and climbing) here in TN, so I know I won't be going for another distance walk today. I must REALLY watch my caloric intake today as DH and I ate out yesterday afternoon and I took in 500 calories more than my program allows. ((I just LOVE the Food Guide in the Dashboard feature)) It really keeps me on track and makes me much more aware of my intake!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Contributor

Benzgirl & Terrier3....thank you so much! Good advice on finding my baseline and working up from there. Benzgirl...I set everything up on my iphone and when I go to the food log I only see where you entered the food you ate with the calories only. This was a selection on the dashboard. Can't find where it shows all the nutritional info.
Honored Contributor

On 6/23/2014 grandmatobe said: Benzgirl & Terrier3....thank you so much! Good advice on finding my baseline and working up from there. Benzgirl...I set everything up on my iphone and when I go to the food log I only see where you entered the food you ate with the calories only. This was a selection on the dashboard. Can't find where it shows all the nutritional info.

Remember it's not just walking or running or exercising that will get your metabolism up. Just standing up and MOVING every hour helps.

You'll be surprised how quickly the steps add up.

I used to drive around looking for the closest space at the mall. Now I park at the OPPOSITE end of the mall from where I want to shop....those steps add up too.

Super Contributor

Took a walk with my dog this morning. I was hoping to get our 10k steps knocked out for the day but my lil buddy couldn't keep up. We got 6k in, so I'll try again with him this evening.

Super Contributor

On 6/22/2014 Fabby said: Mine is DOA!!!! The tracker wont hold a charge. I noticed the reviews are running half positives, half neg with quite a few just like me. DOA.

Fabby, that is so disappointing Smiley Sad Are you going to exchange it for a different one?

Occasional Contributor

I got my Fitbit elsewhere, but have been using it for a couple of weeks now. Yes, it was tough to fasten. I measured it first on my wrist to figure out which holes to use. Then I "worked" the holes a little with a metal cuticle pusher before attempting to fasten it off my wrist. It fastened and unfastened a couple of times off my wrist before trying it on the wrist. It was still difficult, but not as bad as when I tried it right out of the box. I have only taken it off once to charge it so far. My average steps are a little over 6,000, but I am making an effort to get that amount. I have a desk job, so I get up a few times a day and take a brisk walk around the building. My employer has their yearly "On The Move" program going right now, so in order to earn the smallest Amazon gift card ($50), I have to average over 6,000 steps for the 6 week period. I am on a team with my co-workers too, so I don't want to drag the team average down. There are only 3 weeks left on the program, so I will need come to this club to keep going. Great idea!

Super Contributor

On 6/23/2014 grandmatobe said: Benzgirl & Terrier3....thank you so much! Good advice on finding my baseline and working up from there. Benzgirl...I set everything up on my iphone and when I go to the food log I only see where you entered the food you ate with the calories only. This was a selection on the dashboard. Can't find where it shows all the nutritional info.
Grandmatobe....try this. Go to the FitBit dashboard that you set up on your computer. It's on your computer, right? Then click on the Log, located at the top of the page. Scroll down about half way on the page and you will see 'Logged Foods'. As you add foods to your log throughout the day, they will appear under 'Logged Foods'. You should see the amount you ate, the calories in the item you ate, fat content, fiber, carbs, sodium and protein. Now I have a question for you (or anyone else that might be able to answer). I am having just the opposite problem: how do you log in the foods you have consumed from your phone? I thought you had to do that from your computer. :/
Super Contributor

On 6/23/2014 LAlaland said:

I got my Fitbit elsewhere, but have been using it for a couple of weeks now. Yes, it was tough to fasten. I measured it first on my wrist to figure out which holes to use. Then I "worked" the holes a little with a metal cuticle pusher before attempting to fasten it off my wrist. It fastened and unfastened a couple of times off my wrist before trying it on the wrist. It was still difficult, but not as bad as when I tried it right out of the box. I have only taken it off once to charge it so far. My average steps are a little over 6,000, but I am making an effort to get that amount. I have a desk job, so I get up a few times a day and take a brisk walk around the building. My employer has their yearly "On The Move" program going right now, so in order to earn the smallest Amazon gift card ($50), I have to average over 6,000 steps for the 6 week period. I am on a team with my co-workers too, so I don't want to drag the team average down. There are only 3 weeks left on the program, so I will need come to this club to keep going. Great idea!