Super Contributor

Re: Fit Bit Walker's Club - - JULY

Managed to get my 10,000 in, but the heat is definitely holding me back. Keep walking everyone, we can do it!

Super Contributor

Good evening everyone. Well today was much better than yesterday and I got very close to my 10k. Again, weather was in the 90's. I will be extremely busy this entire week as we have family coming in from out of town and I am getting the house in order, getting the guest room ready and planning a menu and shopping for groceries. I should be able to get most of my steps in over the next few days as I rush around the house and around town. The 'kids' will be here Thursday, Friday and Saturday so I probably won't be checking in much this week and definitely not while they are in town. Just wanted to pop in to say hello and cheer everyone on. Enjoy your evening, ladies. Happy walking. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Enjoy your family time benz!

Super Contributor

On 7/6/2014 PalmTree11 said:

Enjoy your family time benz!

Thank you, PalmTree. As I had mentioned, we have only been in TN for two years and this is only the third time family has been able to get together down here. They want to spend a day in Nashville and tour the Jack Daniels distillery (on another day). We will probably be doing a lot of walking - - so I'm not too worried about getting in my steps. I would love to take them on a plantation tour, a place that DH and I discovered just a month or so ago. So we will certainly be on the move. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Just one quick question before I close down for the night. I'm sorry that I don't remember who posted it, but one of us had mentioned purchasing non-FitBit-trademarked wrist bands from Amazon and I was wondering if you are still happy with them? Do you feel they are as nice as the FitBit brand and did they come with a clasp? I have been thinking about picking up another color or two and might try purchasing from Amazon. Thanks in advance and I will check in tomorrow. Goodnight, all.
Super Contributor

Be careful with the non-Fitbit brand bands. It was noted that they let water in, which could damage your Fitbit. I know Target and BestBuy sell a 3 pack of bands with orange, turquoise, and navy. I haven't checked to see if they sell more individual colors in store.

Super Contributor

Hello Monday!SmileA bit overcast this morning so went on a 45 minute dog walk... almost have my 8000 steps at Noon so should be a good step day by this evening! Had a pleasant walk today! Hope everyone is doing well and surviving the heat. We will be back into the upper 80's this coming weekend... must enjoy these cooler days this week. Take care all!

UPDATE....I did make 10,000 steps today!
Super Contributor

On 7/7/2014 PalmTree11 said:

Be careful with the non-Fitbit brand bands. It was noted that they let water in, which could damage your Fitbit. I know Target and BestBuy sell a 3 pack of bands with orange, turquoise, and navy. I haven't checked to see if they sell more individual colors in store.

Hi PalmTree. Thanks for your response. I remember that the gal who posted about the non-trademarked bands mentioned that they let water in, but I always take mine off when I shower anyway. I am pretty careful that way, but will check Target the next time I go there - - I like comparing prices anyway. (Q, Target, FitBit)
Honored Contributor

Sooo humid here today, like walking through thick fog, hot too. I did manage to get just over 8000 steps in, got to try to do better tomorrow. Keep on walking everyone. Good night.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

On 7/7/2014 snickster said:

Sooo humid here today, like walking through thick fog, hot too. I did manage to get just over 8000 steps in, got to try to do better tomorrow. Keep on walking everyone. Good night.

Nice job snickster. I am just over 8k today too. Even with all my running around getting ready for family coming in later this week. I thought I would have WAY more than that. :/