Super Contributor

Re: Fit Bit Walker's Club - - JULY

Good Morning ladies and All! Happy July 3rd!~

My schedule has changed and I have the day to myself.. a nice cool overcast day here in Seattle. Going on my walk with my walking buddy. Would love to do any hour... it seems like 45 minutes is what I end updoing. It feels like a long time when out walking! Will update later today when I get back from walk

Update: I did an hour! About 6000 steps. Was a nice walk with the cool overcast skies.
Super Contributor

On 7/3/2014 gazelle77 said:

My schedule has changed and I have the day to myself.. a nice cool overcast day here in Seattle. Going on my walk with my walking buddy. Would love to do any hour... it seems like 45 minutes is what I end updoing. It feels like a long time when ouavt walking! Will update later today when I get back from walkSmile

Have you tried listening to music, books on tape, other downloads? That can make the time go faster.

Super Contributor

On 7/3/2014 Dagna said:

My schedule has changed and I have the day to myself.. a nice cool overcast day here in Seattle. Going on my walk with my walking buddy. Would love to do any hour... it seems like 45 minutes is what I end updoing. It feels like a long time when ouavt walking! Will update later today when I get back from walkSmile

Have you tried listening to music, books on tape, other downloads? That can make the time go faster.

I do listen to uplifting music....but I worry sometimes I may not hear what is going on around me especially when I have my dog along. I keep it on low some days, other days I have it off and just enjoy the quiet .....except for cars!
Respected Contributor

I've been getting a little bump in my week lately as I'm hosting a Dave Ramsey class. So Tuesdays are always 11k to 13k, but ordinarily I'm working at a desk and really trying hard to have a 70k week. Haven't made it yet. Anyway, I'm at 4500 so far today. no computers or phones at work and we were told to just leave and enjoy the day! So maybe I'll get that little buzz on my wrist today that makes me so happy.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

On 7/3/2014 Dagna said:

I do listen to uplifting music....but I worry sometimes I may not hear what is going on around me especially when I have my dog along. I keep it on low some days, other days I have it off and just enjoy the quiet .....except for cars!

Lately, I've really just been enjoying the quiet myself. I find the first mile the most difficult - to just get going. After the third mile, I get a second wind and I've been able to continue - except for yesterday when it was just so hot.

Actually, I got up too late this morning too - it was 80 by the time I had my coffee. I am hoping to get out after our thunderstorm (which is about to start) - hoping it will cool things down.

Super Contributor

I hit over 10,000 steps today. Good nite everyone.
Super Contributor

Have made it 10,026 today, and today isn't even over! Yipee for me!!!!!
Super Contributor

Happy 4th of July everyone! I'm halfway to my 10,000 steps for the day, Would have more, but I went to Lowe's and was pushing a cart so my steps didn't count. I did get a great deal on a sago palm plant though- $10 and it was regularly $44!

Honored Contributor

Over 10K this little thing is very motivating isn't it, and to someone like me who likes to tally stuff on her gadgets even more. Trying to catch up to my spouse who got ahead of me on his first day {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Super Contributor

Only 6000 steps today....went shopping instead of walking....going to get back on track tomorrow! Happy 4th to everyone! Good day for you Palm tree! 10,000 steps is my daily goal but I do not reach it as often as I should.