Honored Contributor

Re: Fish oil recommendations?

Andrew Lessman is what we take.

i store them in the fridge.

can really tell a difference when I miss a day or three.

A pharmacist once told me to keep them in the freezer to keep them from upsetting my stomach or tasting fishy. That was years ago before I started AL. HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

Andrew Lessman is what we take.

i store them in the fridge.

can really tell a difference when I miss a day or three.

A pharmacist once told me to keep them in the freezer to keep them from upsetting my stomach or tasting fishy. That was years ago before I started AL. HTH

Would you mind sharing @LTT1 what differences you can tell when you don't take  the fish oil?  TIA!

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer

My joints get achy! Added to that, I have more energy when I take my once per day. 584F6F9E-5500-4CB5-80F3-C56B118B3C2B.gif

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@BExplorer

My joints get achy! Added to that, I have more energy when I take my once per day. 584F6F9E-5500-4CB5-80F3-C56B118B3C2B.gif

Thanks for the reply @LTT1!  I also take AL omega 3 and don't remember feeling any different so am always curious what others notice from it. 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer

Years ago, when I first started taking fish oil, I used to wonder what I was getting out of it! My doctor had recommended it back then, now they don’t even mention it.

During the last few years I have noticed the large improvements when going off (forgetting) and then re-starting up.

Esteemed Contributor

I just purchased a fantastic one: Integrative Therapeutics "Pure Omega Liquid". I bought mine on Amazon, but they sell it online in several places. Its expensive, but the only one that works. Fish oil pills did nothing for me, except fish burps. This one is pharmaceutical grade, thus - it works. The store bought supplements did nothing. Always keep your fish oil in the refrigerator. 

Trusted Contributor

I’ve been taking the Procaps Maximum Omega-3 for many years because the DHA and EPA ratio is important. They’re not overly large capsules so aren’t hard to take. I take enough to get at least 4000 mg.

I recently had a complete blood work-up done by a lab who tested all things related to taking Omega-3. The company it works for sells an Omega-3 liquid product. So that fact could have easily been used to report that my results were lacking, to make the case that I needed to buy this product. The results came back that my complete testing was nearly perfect. I wasn’t sure what to expect but was delighted about this.

I think it’s important to take the proper amount, otherwise, results may not be noticed. 

Trusted Contributor

I've been taking Cooper Complete for several years. Very happy with them. No fishy taste, smell, or burps. My bloodwork is always good!

Contributor

Does anyone know what month Andrew Lessman has Omega 3 fish oil as TSV??

Esteemed Contributor

@dragonflyveb,  I changed from fish oil to krill oil capsules and won't go back to fish oil.  It might be worth it to you to do a little research before deciding what to take.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.