Trusted Contributor

Re: First shingles vaccination today

@PuppyLoverBob666 Hope you are feeling better!  I only had a sore arm from the 1st vaccine.  I just had my one last week and it was a bit worse.  Fever, chills, aches... the following day I pretty much spent on the couch.  I read that the 2nd one is worse for some. My husband had very little side affects. But bottom line it's still better than getting shingles!

Respected Contributor

I had the original shingles vaccine years ago and the two shot Shingrex 

about 5 years ago. Does anyone know how long it lasts? Any talk of boosters? 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

@on the bayI'm with you. I am afraid to get the shingles and pneumonia vaccines but I couldn't wait to get my Covd vaccines and booster. I probably will but not right now. I still nervous now. My doctor wants me to get them but I'm going to wait. Smiley Tongue

Contributor

I read online somewhere Shingrix lasts at least 4 years.  Haven't heard anything about boosters yet.

Esteemed Contributor

Some people have terrible reactions to that vaccine. It has in some cases, brought on shingles. I wish you good luck with it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Now that those under 25 have been vaccinated, this should be a thing of the past one day.  Thank goodness.

Respected Contributor

I got my first injection in November, just had a sore arm. Got the second dose in February. I had chills that evening. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Slight fever from shingles shots for one day, but so much better than shingles!!! Cost a total of $200 for me and my DH but still worth every penny. 

Esteemed Contributor

You could not pay me to get that Vaccine.   

Honored Contributor

I have an appointment to get both my first shingles injection and my second Covid booster next Saturday at Cvs.  One shot in each arm.  I might have some soreness for a couple of says but Tylenol or Motrin will take care of it.