Honored Contributor

First US case of the coronavirus

Sorry, not good news. The CDC is announcing the first US case of the Chines coronavirus. The patient is in Washington state. He felt sick on Sunday and was diagnosed on Monday. 

Honored Contributor

Re: First US case of the coronavirus

This new virus worries me. Officals say that it's the worst time of year with the Chinese New Year here soon and almost everyone in China traveling for the holiday.....great way to spread the virus!

I wonder if this patient in the US did any traveling recently to China or Asia?

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D If you scroll further down, you'll see a very detailed post about this posted earlier today.

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

This new virus worries me. Officals say that it's the worst time of year with the Chinese New Year here soon and almost everyone in China traveling for the holiday.....great way to spread the virus!

I wonder if this patient in the US did any traveling recently to China or Asia?

I believe he was in Wuhan recently.

Esteemed Contributor

I just don't know why ,when something like this happens they just don't ban people from  traveling around,back and forth to these infected countries untill it is over or  at the very least,under controll!   jmo

Honored Contributor

I live just about 45 minutes south of where patient zero is---great !!!!! Govenor says not to worry---right!!! How can anyone NOT worry????

Respected Contributor

I'm an RN. For now I wouldn't worry too much about it. Will it escalate here?? I doubt it. I was around when we got our first HIV cases. We had no idea what we were dealing with, how it or how it was transmitted. They all just came in with pneumonia. At that time they all died. Nothing worked. We didn't wear masks in the beginning. We the nurses and Dr's are still here and I took care of hundreds of HIV cases. Until more cases are diagnosed I wouldn't panic. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I live just about 45 minutes south of where patient zero is---great !!!!! Govenor says not to worry---right!!! How can anyone NOT worry????

Easy.

"Patient Zero" could live right next door to me, and I still wouldn't freak out/worry/get in to a panic over it.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.