Honored Contributor

Re: First Pfizer Shot - No Reaction At All

My understanding is that the card will be used to schedule booster shots when/if necessary. 

I'm going to keep photos of both sides of my card on my phone.

Valued Contributor

Tomorrow at 2:30 pm will be two weeks since my second Pfizer dose and I am thrilled!  I will continue to mask and social distance, but I am just so happy to be vaccinated.  After the first dose, I was a little tired the next day, but that was it.  The day after the 2nd dose, I was fine the first part of the day, but did start running a fever for about 8 hours, it ranged from 100.2 to 100.4.  I didn't take anything for it and even did a Walmart grocery pickup, but I did feel crappy, had a few muscle aches and spent a few hours on the couch under a throw afterwards. Then about 8pm I was back to normal.  Without a doubt, it was worth it!!!

Honored Contributor

@songbird 

While the Covid vaccine is free for everyone, insurances can be billed for the $29 fee for administering the vaccine.  

A family member just received a benefit statement for the shots they received in February.   

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I already got nail polish on my vaccine card. Don't ask...I'm a mess! lol

At least it's only a little bit and it's to one side on the back. The important info was spared. Trying to remove it just started messing up the card so I stopped.

So my card has been customized with a jaunty dash of red on the back. Woman Indifferent I'm definitely taking a picture before I manage to do anything else to it. If anyone could lose their card or somehow set it on fire, I'm your girl.

Well @Porcelain, at least you didn't get the nail polish over the date or the lot number which is the really important information on that card!  lol  So be sure and take that picture quickly so you have a record of the date and lot number before you decide to decorate the card a little more.  lol 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Esteemed Contributor

My first Pfizer did me in, the second nada.  Weird.

They covered the third line with a slanted sticker, so no booster for me 😂

I did get a sticker for the time, and wow were we watched.

Respected Contributor

I was fine with my first Pfizer vaccine, not so much the second.  My arm was much, much more sore.  Started having chills that evening and a lot of nausea, aches, and pains.  Was in bed the entire day.  My husband had some vaccine the same day and he was fine....figures.

Respected Contributor

All of the scary stories about the second dose side effects had me a little worried but I had my second Pfizer two days ago and had zero side effects. Nothing with the first either. My arm was slightly sore for a few hours with each but that's it. I'm so happy to have this behind me.  Now a 2-week waiting period and then I will start having a life again. 

Honored Contributor

Update: I still feel really good. The injection site, mostly the area just to the right of where I got the shot, feels like an old healing bruise if I poke at it. So I'm not poking at it. I slept on it just fine last night.

I exercised like normal this morning, and the target area happened to be shoulders. I worked both arms extra hard today. So far, piece of cake!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

Congrats everyone!

My husband and I got our first Pfizer shots this morning.   It was a drive-thru in a hospital parking lot about 20 minutes away.  So smooth, I couldn't believe it.   Lots of volunteers along with the medical personnel giving the shots.  We did have to show our ID and insurance cards.  Everyone we came into contact with was so very kind.  The nurse who gave us our shots was a doll.  Told me to let my arm hang like jello.  Afterwards, he asked if he could give our dog a treat.  They keep a basket of treats since so many people bring their furry pals with them for moral support.

Afterwards, we waited about 15 minutes.  A nurse kept coming by to talk to us and make sure we felt OK.   

We got cards with our next appt. for three weeks from now.

I have been wiggling my arm all day and hopefully, it is helping.  My husband and I feel fine so far.  I guess tomorrow will tell the real tale.

All of us seem to be just waiting for something to start bothering us.  Maybe we will all be lucky.  Hope so!

Respected Contributor

I had my second shot this morning.  So far no side effects, not even a sore arm like I had with the first.  I actually got the same technician for both shots, so I don't think a reaction is related to who gives you the shot. 

I did have to wait a lot longer in line for this one.  They opened up appointments for everyone since my first dose.  We stood in line for about an hour (not a drive thru).  They did have chairs available for anyone who couldn't stand for that long.