Honored Contributor

Re: First Pfizer Shot - No Reaction At All

@gidgetgh wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I go for my 1st shot (Moderna) at a Rite Aide Pharmacy only a block away from my house.  It'll be on Thursday.  Today I received an email from Rite Aid as a reminder for 11:36AM 4/22/21.  

They listed something to bring.  Strangely enough although anyone can get the vaccine insured or not, they did ask me for my insurance card.  I'll bring it along with a copy of my confirmation.  I don't have a vaccination card.  I don't have anything.  I'll guess I'll find out on Thursday.

@songbird -they'll give you a vaccination card when you get your first shot.  Remember to take a picture of it and then take another picture after shot #2.  

Why do you need to take a pricture of it?

Trusted Contributor

YAY!!  I got mine today, too.  Pfizer.  First one.  No reaction.  I didn't cry or faint. lol.  

Trusted Contributor

I guess the technician matters. She drew blood on my second shot. It was running down my shoulder. Left a knot and a big bruise that lasted two weeks. That was my only reaction.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

As a poster asked, why do you have to take a picture of the vaccination card? Just put the card in a safe place.  There is really no point in taking a picure of the card, unless a person is disorganized and thinks they'll lose it. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I go for my 1st shot (Moderna) at a Rite Aide Pharmacy only a block away from my house.  It'll be on Thursday.  Today I received an email from Rite Aid as a reminder for 11:36AM 4/22/21.  

They listed something to bring.  Strangely enough although anyone can get the vaccine insured or not, they did ask me for my insurance card.  I'll bring it along with a copy of my confirmation.  I don't have a vaccination card.  I don't have anything.  I'll guess I'll find out on Thursday.

@songbird -they'll give you a vaccination card when you get your first shot.  Remember to take a picture of it and then take another picture after shot #2.  

Why do you need to take a pricture of it?

@songbird -it's what they suggest you do, in case you were to lose it.  It lists the dates of your shots and the lots numbers for the vaccine you were given.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

As a poster asked, why do you have to take a picture of the vaccination card? Just put the card in a safe place.  There is really no point in taking a picure of the card, unless a person is disorganized and thinks they'll lose it. 

@teganslaw -exactly. They suggest you take a picture of it, in case you lose it.  I am sure it happens. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Porcelain I'm happy for you!  DH and I are getting our second Pfizer shots tomorrow morning.  I'm a little nervous after hearing about others feeling sick after the second one, but am excited to get it over with.

So am I.

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain I, too have had the first Pfizer vaccine with no issues.  I will return for round 2 May 9 and feel blessed to have no side effects that others have reported.  I received my vaccine at a Kroger pharmacy and they were very organized and had a waiting area for your sit down for 15 minutes after the shot.

Honored Contributor

I already got nail polish on my vaccine card. Don't ask...I'm a mess! lol

At least it's only a little bit and it's to one side on the back. The important info was spared. Trying to remove it just started messing up the card so I stopped.

So my card has been customized with a jaunty dash of red on the back. Woman Indifferent I'm definitely taking a picture before I manage to do anything else to it. If anyone could lose their card or somehow set it on fire, I'm your girl.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

YAY!!  I got mine today, too.  Pfizer.  First one.  No reaction.  I didn't cry or faint. lol.  

lol Well done! I didn't cry or faint either. I didn't even demand a sticker or a cute bandaid.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr