Respected Contributor

Re: First Hand Experience with Sore Arches

Freeze a bottle of water then roll your foot over it.  It works better than a tennis ball.

Esteemed Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

Freeze a bottle of water then roll your foot over it.  It works better than a tennis ball.

Oh, muttmom, that sounds painful!  I don't do well with ice on my skin.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

It's possible you have tendonitis. Ice is always good. You could also try flexing and stretching your calves.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

@adelle38 wrote:

It's possible you have tendonitis. Ice is always good. You could also try flexing and stretching your calves.

Hi adelle.  8) 

I've missed seeing you, as well as TripleK (kitty kat kay).  Hope you're both doing OK.

Trusted Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@adelle38 wrote:

Hi adelle.  8) 

I've missed seeing you, as well as TripleK (kitty kat kay).  Hope you're both doing OK.

I still post on the new Pancake thread on Pet Lovers occasionally but the new format drives me bonkers.

Hope you're doing OK.

Esteemed Contributor

Adelle, thank you!  I actually do some of those stretches when I lift weights, 2-3 times a week.  I injured my achilles a few years ago.

It's not tendonitis because it's not a constant pain.  It's an occassional ache.

Respected Contributor

If you want to try something topical, I recommend Topricin Foot Therapy Cream.  Also good to use before you workout or hike.  You can usually find it at Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks sue!  I'll look into it.

Trusted Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

Adelle, thank you!  I actually do some of those stretches when I lift weights, 2-3 times a week.  I injured my achilles a few years ago.

It's not tendonitis because it's not a constant pain.  It's an occassional ache.

Last year I had Achilles tendonitis and it wasn't constant pain. The podiatrist diagnosed it as tendonitis and the stretches helped over time. If you injured it once, it could be a flare up. In any case, ice and stretches should help.

Esteemed Contributor

adelle, my achilles pain was constant and it took a long time to heal  That's how I got in the habit of doing the stretches.

UPDATE: we went hiking yesterday at lunch.  I wore my hiking shoes because the trails were mucky from the rain.  I didn't get any blisters or discomfort, so I think they are good to wear.  My arches feel good.