Esteemed Contributor

So sorry you are having problems.  I have some nerve damage and arthritis in my fingers.  Drives me nuts when I have to limber them up to turn the alarm off.

Esteemed Contributor

Since Walmart is on my walk I went there but they didn't have anything. Saw the picture of one here and it seems what I could be looking for but never bought from Amazon. Son brought up how do you know it will fit since I have small hands. Anyone?

Honored Contributor

Those symptoms could be due to any of 100 different things.  It's good that you have an appointment with your doctor but why do you have to wait a whole month?  I'd want an appointment sooner than that.  Don't spend money on anything when you don't even know what's causing your symptoms.  It doesn't even sound like arthritis to me, it sounds circulatory or nerve related.  

Esteemed Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

Since Walmart is on my walk I went there but they didn't have anything. Saw the picture of one here and it seems what I could be looking for but never bought from Amazon. Son brought up how do you know it will fit since I have small hands. Anyone?

@halfpint1 

On Amazon, in the discription for the gloves it says, "To find size, measure across the knuckles: small up to 3 1/8", medium up to 3 1/2", large up to 4". 

Since you say that you have small hands, I would order the size small.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

I tried getting an appointment but the doctor has no openings. Mine is on the 20th.  I called in an email about medicine saying the doctor didn't answer. Also the clinic said he wants to talk to me. Hope no bad news.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1,

I don’t think pain and stiffness in your hands and fingers is important enough to need an earlier appointment than what is already scheduled.  

This has been going on nearly a year, and you have mentioned it to the doctor or his nurse before.   I feel sure there has been a discussion about arthritis.  

My suggestion is that you buy, and wear the gloves, and take an over the counter pain reliever, like Aleve, Tylenol, ibuprofen, daily, from now until you see the doctor.   If they help with the pain and stiffness, being able to tell the doctor what you tried, and what helped, or didn’t help, will also help him understand what’s going on.   The doctor has no quick fix for this problem.

Arthritis is very common as we age; I’ve never known anyone over 70 who didn’t have arthritis pain somewhere in their body.  Heat is usually what soothes and relieves, so you may notice a big difference after you wash dishes, take a shower, or even fold warm clothes from the dryer.

Esteemed Contributor

If you have concerns about the email for medication, please follow up since it is important that you do not to run out.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1,

The email was probably in regard to your anxiety medication.   You have been taking it long enough now for the doctor to determine how well it’s working, and whether he needs to increase your dosage.  He must see, and talk to you to make that determination.

Frequent Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@halfpint1,

I don’t think pain and stiffness in your hands and fingers is important enough to need an earlier appointment than what is already scheduled.  

This has been going on nearly a year, and you have mentioned it to the doctor or his nurse before.   I feel sure there has been a discussion about arthritis.  

My suggestion is that you buy, and wear the gloves, and take an over the counter pain reliever, like Aleve, Tylenol, ibuprofen, daily, from now until you see the doctor.   If they help with the pain and stiffness, being able to tell the doctor what you tried, and what helped, or didn’t help, will also help him understand what’s going on.   The doctor has no quick fix for this problem.

Arthritis is very common as we age; I’ve never known anyone over 70 who didn’t have arthritis pain somewhere in their body.  Heat is usually what soothes and relieves, so you may notice a big difference after you wash dishes, take a shower, or even fold warm clothes from the dryer.

Great helpful details @RedTop !  Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

RedTop--I think that medicine is working good and think I am not that jittery. I just want to know the circumstances of the noise for there is a lot of vents in the attic and trees are blowing strong here. And how come I am the only one hearing it.