Esteemed Contributor

Fingers hurt and or dead it seems. Having an appointment next month and will check it out. stiff at times too. Anyone like this?

Esteemed Contributor

Arthritis?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Could it be Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?  Do you have numbness?  I have this and had surgery for my right hand.  That was several years ago and my hand I still fine now.  Or maybe you have some arthritis?

I bet your doctor will be able to help you with it.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@halfpint1.  Sonetimes when my arthritic hands ache, I use a pair of fingerless neoprene gloves.  I even sleep in them.  The neoprene hokds in your body heat as well as providing some compression.  Heres a picture if a pair from Amazon.  Drug stores sometimes carry them.

20190429_100200.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@halfpint1,

You have mentioned the pain and stiffness in your fingers and hands several times before, and it continues to sound like arthritis.   It’s never going to go away, and will only get worse, which you will notice thru increased pain and stiffness and reduced flexibility in your fingers.   

My mom has terrible arthritis in her fingers, to the point she can barely bend her fingers and use her hands.   She can barely use a paring knife these days to even peel a potato.   Ibuprofen, Tylenol or Aleve will help with the discomfort.   

Very warm showers, dressing in layers, and keeping her hands, and joints warm is what helps my mom.   

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

Fingers hurt and or dead it seems. Having an appointment next month and will check it out. stiff at times too. Anyone like this?

Yes! Mine is arthritis, predominantly in 6 fingers, job related. Some mornings I have to run hot water over them before I can unclench them. I cannot take any anti-inflammatory meds of any kind. No Aspirin(except nightly 81mg for my heart)/NSAIDS/Opioids. Just plain old tylenol type meds.

Risk more colon bleeds and after 130+ blood transfusions.

No way.

ETA: The more I keep my fingers moving, the stiffness(discomfort) is much less. When standing or just sitting, I flex my fingers. That works with every single one of my many arthritic joints. FIRST?  You need a positive diagnosis. 

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

i have chronic arthritis in all my joints.....heating pad is my best friend....

Honored Contributor

All the comments point to arthritis. I agree. Luckily just have one bad finger joint - so far.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1  I have a suggestion, make sure you write these things down ,and take th list with you to your Dr. It will help you not  to forget information, that is important for him to know

Best of luck

Trusted Contributor

Numbness in the hands can be caused by a cervical compression. Good luck.