Honored Contributor

There is a Japanese concept called "ikigai", meaning "a reason for being". My Japanese mother used to speak of this word and try to explain what it meant. There is no Western concept that encompasses this idea. I have spent a large portion of my life trying to find my ikigai...my purpose in life and subsequently ultimate happiness.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@NycVixen Such a beautifully written thread and some wonderful contributions.

I had my second heart attack thirteen days ago. All that was important to me while I reviewed my life was my family and friends and things were the last on my list of importance. Cultivate good friendships, let the people you love know it. Tomorrow is never promised and material possessions really take a back seat in the scheme of things...

Wow @Trinity11. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. Many thanks for taking the time to write and for your kind words. My husband is always telling me that I write well but it's hard for me to take a compliment due to having a really critical mother. 

Love is so important yet it's the one thing that gets trampled on and taken for granted the most. I hope you continue find yourself surrounded with all the love and support necessary to facilitate a speedy recovery . God bless Heart.

Thank you so very much.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11, I just wanted you to know, I am thinking of you and hoping you are doing well. Prayers for continued improvement.

Valued Contributor

Re: Finding New Meaning

[ Edited ]
  1. We should never  make light of lifes hard journeys...Pain either transforms us or destroys us.@NycVixen has been changed for the better. she is sharing this to help someone else who might be struggling... Takes courage and strength, it was a pleasure to read,I could feel her emotion.I hope your journey leads you to  your dreams,may never find  knowledge and leave this world empty..Thank you for sharing life is indeed a journey ,  be happy dear one..Hugs, Maryanne 
Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@Trinity11, I just wanted you to know, I am thinking of you and hoping you are doing well. Prayers for continued improvement.

Thank you so much, @happycat. I thank my gifted surgeon for his expertise. I am blessed to have him as my doctor.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Finding New Meaning

[ Edited ]

@NycVixen wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:
In other words, you've started to make some choices consciously rather than reflexively, and with that comes a need to prioritize beyond the often impulsive, 'I want'.
Welcome to adulthood.

@x Hedge

I would urge you to try to remain open minded when someone is honest about their experience and is trying to share to help others. Sharing is not easy. Judging sometimes is too easy. 

. . . or not, because clearly you have mis-judged my post. 

Trusted Contributor

@NycVixen You make great points in your insightful posts.  I just wanted to make sure you are aware of @just bee 's monthly compact thread on the Beauty forum if you ever need (or want to give) inspiration to stay on track with mindful purchasing and simplifying.  Best to you!  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor
@Trinity11
O/T
Pardon the intrusion of subject matter!
May I please ask where I can find the information on back pain associated with heart attack that hckynut (John) mentioned to you and that you took note of?
I hope that you really are on a path to better health and feeling good now!
WOW ... TWO heart attacks!❤️
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:
@Trinity11
O/T
Pardon the intrusion of subject matter!
May I please ask where I can find the information on back pain associated with heart attack that hckynut (John) mentioned to you and that you took note of?
I hope that you really are on a path to better health and feeling good now!
WOW ... TWO heart attacks!❤️

@LTT1...it was a few years ago. It was a post about the symptoms of a heart attack. I ha never heard anything about back pain being a symptom but John's post stayed within my memory when I had distinctive upper back pain unlike anything I had ever experienced. I knew I should check it out. Turns out I had what is called the widowmaker where time is of the essence in outcome. 

Thanks for the good wishes. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:
In other words, you've started to make some choices consciously rather than reflexively, and with that comes a need to prioritize beyond the often impulsive, 'I want'.
Welcome to adulthood.

@x Hedge

I would urge you to try to remain open minded when someone is honest about their experience and is trying to share to help others. Sharing is not easy. Judging sometimes is too easy. 

. . . or not, because clearly you have mis-judged my post. 

@x Hedge I'm in a very positive place which is clearly reflected in my posts. I love hearing other's opinions and perspectives but I think telling me 'Welcome to adulthood' is clearly a judgmental assessment of my posts and IMO a negative thing to say to anyone based on a snapshot of my life. 

Your statement makes it clear that somehow before I was not an adult and I strongly disagree with that. I became an adult when I wasn't supposed to based on my upbringing and just because I shopped more than I was perhaps supposed to recently doesn't change that. 

I was never in debt because of it and I am still debt free. I don't understand why you would choose to mention me in a post to say what you said when you don't even know me and know the entirety of my life. You based your diagnosis on two posts so that is a judgement call even if you don't agree.

~Live with Intention~