Esteemed Contributor

Finally Had My Knee Surgery Today!

It went well and I am in very little pain.  The surgery was to repair a meniscus tear and to scrap away (they now vac it) any arthritis that might have settled in;  but, when they went in, they found that a large bone chip was floating around the knee.  It must have broken off after the MRI.

I am so surprised that I can easily walk without the cane that I was supposed to need.   Since this was done on my right knee, I was concerned about driving; however, my first exercise that I have been doing all day is to flex my foot every two hours.  Driving should not be a problem.

Just glad it is over.  The doctor told DH that I was to be pampered for the next few days.  He did not realize that meant that DH will sleep in the recliner and I will still be feeding and letting the dogs out.  My life is constantly being pampered and I did not even know it.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Re: Finally Had My Knee Surgery Today!

Wishing you a speedy recovery. I had similar procedures done a few years ago and so happy they worked. It's a pleasure to be pain free.

Honored Contributor

I am glad to hear that all went well and you are feeling so much better.

Both of my knees are painful and i’ll probably be needing surgery some day too. Sharing your experience helps ease my anxiety.

Praying for Blessings  and continued healing for you.

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl. Let us know how you feel tomorrow.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@SXMGirl, Good to hear your knee surgery went well.  Wishing you a speedy recovery and continue with your 'pampered life'  :-)

Honored Contributor

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MvfeR4pdtNw/UW7h8S4kx_I/AAAAAAAAAJk/U71HRLs3t7M/s1600/retelling+retail+road+recovery+speedy+recovery.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@SXMGirl, its great that it is behind you.  Wishing you a speedy stress free recovery and less pain for you.  Its amazing how they get you up and walking so fast.

Enjoy your pampering and MERRY CHRISTMAS AND BLESSINGS TO YOU.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, everyone, for the good wishes.  

@Kachina624, still feeling good.  Unfortunately, I decided to take the pain meds in hopes that I would get more sleep, but I am allergic to it and have been up all night with hives and itching.  Much worse that a little knee pain.  I was told that the pain would be around the two holes in my knee.  Since I cannot take the bandages off until tomorrow, I have no idea how large these holes are; they are probably really small since I will be covering them with bandaids.

A new prescription is being called in, but I probably will not need it.  

Thanks, again, everyone!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Glad to hear your surgery went well, wishing you a speedy recovery.  

Trusted Contributor

Know what you mean about the pain meds.  Sometimes they just cause other problems/side effects that you decide the pain is better than the side effects.  Most all pain meds just make me very sick to my stomach  &/or dizzy.   

Hope you don't need them and tonight get a really good night's sleep.....hope too that

you have stopped itching...