Respected Contributor

well,dentist charged me 155.00 for a huge filling.i was relieved,thinking he would tell me I need a crown or get it pulled.does anyone think this fee is high?either way,I had to do something.guess I will scrimp back on shopping for the time being

Honored Contributor

I do not think that amount is high for a filling.   

Respected Contributor

What does it matter if someone thinks the cost is high or low?  You got your tooth fixed!  You don't need a crown or root canal!  Problem solved.  If I were you I would be dancing for joy that it was fixable.  And yes, the cost is reasonable.

Respected Contributor

I think I have stated,when I was married,health and dental benefits were over the top awsome.now being on my own,I have to pay for dental.really can hurt the pocketbook

Respected Contributor

oh trust me,I am doing the happy dance.but as I've said,kinda hurts in the money purse.and 1 good thing,I got extra novicane,novice, I did not feel any pain.dr kinda ticked me off tho.said I was worse than a child in a laughing matter.oh well,he fixed the problem

Valued Contributor

This sound very reasonable to me.

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam I agree the old dental policies were really nice.  We have dental coverage now thru my husband's employer (a large hospital system) that is awful.  Does cover cleaning, but for more exotic things like crowns and fillings the billers at my dentist say I am really "self pay".  I think your bill was definitely reasonable for our area so hopefully is reasonable in your area. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

I haven’t had a filling in a long time but that sounds reasonable to me.  I sometimes pay more than that for a cleaning. 

Honored Contributor

Put things in perspective....I just paid $6,000 for one extraction and two implants.  I am looking forward to having two abutments placed ($900 each) and then two crowns. I had to have emergency surgery...had an infection.  Would you believe I have insurance, the only thing they paid for was they reimbursed $400 for a portion of the general anesthesia.  They won't pay for the any of the other costs.  At least $10,000 out of pocket by the time I'm done depending on the cost of the crowns.

I am grateful that I have the ability to pay and that I'm healthy.  Things could have been a lot worse.  Life is full of challenges, I choose to be at peace.

Trusted Contributor

I think all dental prices are ridiculously high these days.