Honored Contributor

loves, out of the blue is exactly right!!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I've had crying spells for two days now .. dang fibro and depression... today has been better, thank the Lord! I am sending hugs to each and everyone of you- we are in this together!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor
On 12/13/2014 Peachysue said:

I've had crying spells for two days now .. dang fibro and depression... today has been better, thank the Lord! I am sending hugs to each and everyone of you- we are in this together!!

BIG HUG to you PeachySue! I'm so sorry that you're having a rough time. I hope you feel better real soon. Maybe a warm bath and a good book, or some candles and soft music would do the trick? Or a good movie? That's my favorite/best remedy - Distraction.

This time of year, and the changes in weather are so hard for many of us. I'm glad that I checked the boards and found the two new threads. I've missed chatting with you and the others. The connection and understanding is so helpful, even comforting at times. You have always been so kind and helpful, (funny too!) and you have brought a smile to my face so many times. I hate that you are having a rough time! I wish comfort and rest for you. Hang in there!

Honored Contributor
On 12/13/2014 KippyK3 said:

BIG HUG to you PeachySue! I'm so sorry that you're having a rough time. I hope you feel better real soon. Maybe a warm bath and a good book, or some candles and soft music would do the trick? Or a good movie? That's my favorite/best remedy - Distraction.

This time of year, and the changes in weather are so hard for many of us. I'm glad that I checked the boards and found the two new threads. I've missed chatting with you and the others. The connection and understanding is so helpful, even comforting at times. You have always been so kind and helpful, (funny too!) and you have brought a smile to my face so many times. I hate that you are having a ough time! I wish comfort and rest for you. Hang in there!

Oh Kippy, thanks bunches! I appreciate that.. Thank goodness you know where I'm coming from... plus other things that just pop up out the blue makes it all the worse but I agree about a distraction... I keep plugging along and just go with the flow, if the tears just come, I cry instead of holding it in. I completely agree about the change of weather affecting so many of us.. this sounds crazy but it's a blessing we all can talk about our issues and not be told we're nuts! I know people with fibro don't judge as they are well aware of our symptoms- that's why I try so hard to not mention anything too personal on other threads... You hang in there too, Kippy!!! Hugs!!!!!

Go VOLS
Super Contributor
On 12/13/2014 KippyK3 said:

This time of year, and the changes in weather are so hard for many of us. I'm glad that I checked the boards and found the two new threads. I've missed chatting with you and the others. The connection and understanding is so helpful, even comforting at times. You have always been so kind and helpful, (funny too!) and you have brought a smile to my face so many times. I hate that you are having a ough time! I wish comfort and rest for you. Hang in there!

Oh Kippy, thanks bunches! I appreciate that.. Thank goodness you know where I'm coming from... plus other things that just pop up out the blue makes it all the worse but I agree about a distraction... I keep plugging along and just go with the flow, if the tears just come, I cry instead of holding it in. I completely agree about the change of weather affecting so many of us.. this sounds crazy but it's a blessing we all can talk about our issues and not be told we're nuts! I know people with fibro don't judge as they are well aware of our symptoms- that's why I try so hard to not mention anything too personal on other threads... You hang in there too, Kippy!!! Hugs!!!!!

Peachy - I spoke the truth, and from my heart. You are very welcome, but, thank you! I was really having a tough time last summer when I found/met you and Okiebug. You welcomed me and were so helpful. That was my longest and worst flare-up to date.

Yes, I understand. It's a darn roller coaster ride. It's always something, isn't it? I can't seem to have more than 2 good days in a row. That makes me angry! I find that if I hold it all in, things/symptoms get worse. So, I think it's good for you to let it out. Boy, I sure have! Lol. I've been pretty grouchy, and trying to stay busy helps. Plugging along, as you said, sometimes really pushing myself to get things done. I haven't slept for more than 3-4 hrs a night, all week. Today was really busy. Tomorrow should be interesting! I'm going to finish up for the night, and take a nice long bath. Hopefully we all will sleep good! Talk to ya soon. Take care and hugs to you and everyone! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm very lucky, and I KNOW it, that I rarely have this bad a flare, but sometimes I feel like even more of an idiot when I do, because so many people don't understand how I can be stable (comfortable!) one day and aches and tears and nutsy the next. Still, it's of some comfort to me to know that it's the fibro talkin'. Hugs back and lots of them, Peachy.
Honored Contributor

Sorry for our sufferings... my main coping mechanism is to ignore this ... however, it doesn't go away and perhaps it is tending to worsen. Well, not perhaps, it IS. But it would sure be nice to find the root problem and CURE it. I wish some medical people would research this and come up with something that would be a cure.

Until then, what works best for me is plugging away through it... although it IS depressing not knowing when the next "thing" will hit.

Peachysue... thank you for posting the sign with all of the symptoms. This helps.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor
Does anyone get this? I get a warm feeling usually in my left hip area, starts warm gets hotter for a few minutes and then disappears just as quick. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it continues for a few days.
Honored Contributor

Have been getting lots of similar types of pain... they never have stayed around for three days. It sounds like nerve issues to me... but I'm not a doctor... just guessing based on symptoms my mother had and now I seem to be getting (hope not).

To the original poster... I don't know about the peeling of skin on hands and feet.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Kippy, NewNick, loves, anewhue and everyone, greetings from a very sunny yet chilly afternoon.. oh what a difference a day makes- now don't anyone faint but I've actually been up and giving hubby orders! LOL He cut back my crepe myrtle and I just stood soaking in the warm sunshine.. that in its self is so good for the soul, body and mind. Hoping all are having a good Sunday afternoon & enjoying whatever you're doing.. Today is leg zap day, isn't that fun? Hmmm one good cry this morning, washed my hair and felt better.. Lord this fibro is crazy- there's no in between, seems it goes from one extreme to another yet on some days it's fine.. Unless someone has walked in our shoes, then they should study up like we have and try to realize how we can changed from day to day- we have no control over what our nerves/body does.. absolutely no control, out of the blue!!

ANewHue, long time ago when I'd lay on my right side, I started feeling a strange numbness in my left outer hip and rin into my anterior leg- then I did have a few hot tingling sensation from time to time. Please talk to your PCP about your symptoms- mine said mine was bursitis but as time has progressed it comes and goes- lateral hip area tenderness is an a trigger point for fibromyalgia- your best bet, again, is to speak openly with your physician and note any other strange sensations that might come & go... and I know from all our fibro friends, I haven't been alone in this journey... You can't discuss this with others that don't have a clue nor are they Doctors.... Start with your concerns with your physician and go from there. Any question you might have, all of us are here to help, we are all learning together...

Go VOLS