Super Contributor

Re: Fibromyalgia Sufferers...A Place to Meet

Just checking in with everyone. Wanted to give a shout out to my DH. Yesterday morning I got up feeling achy and tired, more so than normal, but wasn't going to say anything. I can make his breakfast and have the luxury of being able to go back to bed (we get up at 4:30 am). However, he took one look at me, sent me back to bed and fixed his own breakfast. A strong storm front came through about an hour later, so strong it delayed flights at the airport. I was out for a couple of hours. He can tell how I'm feeling and takes care of me. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Wishing everyone a good and pain free weekend!

Contributor

Peachysue and KippyK3 - Thank you for your online referral and kind words of support. I can't say that I'm feeling better, but it is reassuring to know that there is credible science supporting the fact that weather does affect our symptoms.

This has been a difficult week. Our friends (who we had just taken a road trip to the Corvette Museum with 2 weeks ago) were in a motorcycle accident two nights ago. He was killed and she is in critical condition. We are heartbroken. Our faith is getting us through these sad, sad days.

I would ask for prayers for my dear friend and her family. She is well loved in the community (retired teacher) and our church family. Her husband had retired only two weeks ago and was living his dream retirement as his own boss repairing and updating homes. We still can't believe that he is gone, and words can not describe how much he will be missed by all who knew and loved him.

Super Contributor

Morning. Okie...same situation here! I am glad your DH understands. We get up at 3:15, because my DH has a 2 hr commute. He had to leave at 2am a couple days this week to be to work at 4. I can't walk/move very well in the middle of the night, so I have been making his lunch and breakfast the night before. I think the front that came through here last weekend really did a number on me too. It's been really rough this week for me. I have gotten so far behind on everything, which is stressful. I did finally sleep last night, and just now woke up from a 2 hr nap. About 8 hrs total. That was more sleep than I have had all week. I have to get it together, and go grocery shopping. Ugh! I have always hated that task, and now I dread it even more! Does this effect anyone else? Also, what about clothes? I can't stand anything tight anymore. Wondered if that change was also from the fibro, (or my age?) Lol. I hope everyone is ok today and can get out in the sun for a few. I will check back later. Have a good day! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Good Day Everyone!

Okie, I had a long night last night myself- the aches & twinges just showed up but not as heavy duty as previously. So endured and took my Xanax a little bit ago & put capsaicin on my neck neuralgia.. shhhhh so far so good.. plus my osteoarthritis in my neck ouches- I'm not complaining though, I'm going to beat this stuff!

North, I am so very sorry for your friends & will keep everyone in my thoughts & prayers- please take care of yourself during this time- as we all know & I am slowly but surely learning, things can make our fibro seem so much more worse- I can't find the proper words to say it.. but I am hoping you know what I mean.. Oh yes about the weather affecting our fibro, wowzie to the max.. I think I can endure the cold better than the heat & humidity as when it's cold, you can make your own heat and control it.. One of my favs for my neck is wrapping a fleece blanket around it, honestly it does better than my heating pad and also cushions..

I hope all of you have a blessed and pain free week-end... we'll be watching football & kicking back... Hugs to each and everyone of you!!!!!!!!!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor

Oh Northcoast...I am so very sorry! (I was typing and did not see your post) It is such a shock and tragedy. I will pray and ask our prayer group to remember you and your friends. Remember to take care of yourself during this time, as you are needed!
Super Contributor

I was checking back in and wanted to say hi and good morning to everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend. Sunny and warm today. Feels good! Peachy, I didn't see any games. How did it go? Northcoast, I hope you are ok. I am sending a hug to you.
Honored Contributor

On 9/22/2014 KippyK3 said: I was checking back in and wanted to say hi and good morning to everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend. Sunny and warm today. Feels good! Peachy, I didn't see any games. How did it go? Northcoast, I hope you are ok. I am sending a hug to you.

Hi Kippy! Our week-end was okay- didn't do very much to be honest. Started chilly this morning but warm & sunny! Yes ma'am, the sun feels good, Kippy... I stood out in the yard yesterday- saying a little prayer- letting the rays just do their thing.. awhhhh it was a good moment. As far as football games go, we watched them all I think what with the football package Hubby has from Directv- I really don't keep up unless it's my Peyton and they lost to the Seahawks but that's ok.. So far today has been ok- I was ok until I called to have flowers placed our on our parents grave and it just set something off so I've been weepy and trying to stay busy- I'll settle down here in a little bit but am doing the best I can, as you all know we have to each and everyday...

Group Hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor

Hi PeachySue! I was just sitting out in the sun for a few. It just feels so good, and I am thankful for it too. I am sorry you are sad. It's true, keeping busy will help some. I had a lot I had to get done this weekend, and now today, I feel like I have been run over. My legs are screaming. I try to be positive and keep pushin on, but this is getting old. I was in denial, not anymore. What do you do when the burning and pain gets really bad? Appreciate any suggestions. I see my doc in 10 days.
Honored Contributor

On 9/22/2014 KippyK3 said: Hi PeachySue! I was just sitting out in the sun for a few. It just feels so good, and I am thankful for it too. I am sorry you are sad. It's true, keeping busy will help some. I had a lot I had to get done this weekend, and now today, I feel like I have been run over. My legs are screaming. I try to be positive and keep pushin on, but this is getting old. I was in denial, not anymore. What do you do when the burning and pain gets really bad? Appreciate any suggestions. I see my doc in 10 days.

Thanks, Kippy! It's getting better.. I told my hubby it's so strange how all of a sudden something can set something of fibro off and you can't do a darn thing. As far as my legs burning and the pain, mine is mostly at night so during the day I have started eating a banana and then later watermelon plus I take 1200mg of Mucinex and my Xanax and try try to drink more water. Dehydration causes such leg pain too- goodness it's an uphill battle on some days. I've tried to really cut back on sugars and certain foods as they can cause flare ups- chocolate I'm learning is a trigger for me so I've cut that way back- don't get me wrong, I still am having those shocking twinges but like you I keep pushing on..

Last thing to do is to give it and let depression take over- that just feeds into the fibro and makes things so much worse ... I know you'll be glad to see your Doc in a few days- mine was very impressed I'd done my research prior to seeing her..

Go VOLS
Super Contributor

Ok. Thanks. This doesn't feel like the cramping from dehydration, or the lack of potassium though. I have been doing really good with my water, diet and supplements. Guess I tried to do too much. Like we all know, anything can cause a flare up.