Honored Contributor

Re: Fibromyalgia Sufferers...A Place to Meet

Everyone! Just a morning of doing & catching up plus we had our flu shots this past Friday & guess how I'm feeling, you got it! So another good reason to take it easy, Wink..

Hoping everyone's having a pain free day and a good feeling day!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor

Hi to everyone! Another pretty day here. Beaches, it was really scary. You just never know when it is going to happen, and to me, it is the strangest feeling. I am beginning to think that something else is going on. I see my doc on Thursday. Peachy, it's ok. I know what you meant about ears and how everyone is different. All I meant was that it makes sense for me, I have never heard about the connection of ear pain to Fibro. It makes sense, because the dr never finds anything wrong with my ears, and I even had a sinus CT scan before. It might be referred pain (I think that's what it is called...?) from the tender point in back. But yes, you are right. anyone reading this that has ear pain should see their doc. Anyway... I'm sorry that you feel yucky. Do you like hot tea? With honey and lemon? My favorite remedy for "those days"! I never get the flu shots, kinda scared of them. I know - I know! I am not doing much today either. Pretty sore from yesterday. I hope you guys have a good day. Be back later. Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone else ever experienced drumming, or throbbing in the ears (especially in a store, maybe triggered by certain sounds) and could this be a fibro symptom? It's painless, but kinda annoying.
Super Contributor

On 9/29/2014 Agent K said: Has anyone else ever experienced drumming, or throbbing in the ears (especially in a store, maybe triggered by certain sounds) and could this be a fibro symptom? It's painless, but kinda annoying.
Hi there! Yep, get that too! Been happening to me more than usual. I always thought it was from blood pressure/pulse....? My BP is usually low/good except when my pain is a higher level. I think one of the websites that Peachy gave us a link to, talked about some Fibro patients experiencing ringing in the ears. I did read once...somewhere...that it was from previous damage from loud noises. ? The article gave several examples/warnings. That made me laugh, cuz who wears ear plugs at a rock concert? I sure didn't!! If I remember, I'll ask my doc Thursday. How is everyone today? It is beautiful here again. Love this weather!
Occasional Contributor

On 9/16/2014 addiegal said: Hi, okiebug, I am doing fairly well. I haven't been posting a lot lately...just too much happening. My brother, for whom we were caregivers, became very ill and passed in less than two weeks. It has been a shock and you just keep going because you're needed. Thank you for missing me!

Addiegal, so very sorry to hear about your brother's passing. Blessings to you for caring for him and much love and many prayers for your loss.

Super Contributor

Deleted
Super Contributor

I was diagnosed with fibro and chronic fatigue syndrome in 1973. So as things progressed,I had the opportunity to see a physician earlier this year about it at Duke Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina. The physician who examined me is also the Assistant Professor of Rheumatology at Duke University.

After taking all of the tests, and discussing my case and history, as our appointment concluded, he politely told my SO and I, that he doesn't believe in fibro, because "mostly only women have it and it's really all in their minds There is no real such disease." I left him with a definitive impression of what exactly was currently on my mind, and dared him to even think about billing me for that useless waste of my time.

Some physicians believe they created the heavens and the earth.

Super Contributor

I wanted to stop by and check in. Hi to everyone! Hope you are all doing ok! I have been concerned, and want to send out good wishes to all! Smiley Happy

HopeQ1, sorry that happened to you. That would really be upsetting! My sister had a similar experience, but she has a great doctor now. Thankfully! It was kind of opposite for me. I didn't believe the doctors, or the diagnosis. I thought all of my symptoms were from my injuries and arthritis. It was my PT that finally helped to convince me. She did an excellent job explaining things to me, and with my therapy. There is more data now, and it does seem that Fibro is becoming more widely recognized/accepted. I guess it's like anything else...different opinions, facts, etc.

Super Contributor

Bump

Hi to all, and hoping everyone is well.

Ltdow, I hope you can find the info you were looking for.

Super Contributor

Ltdow, I tried to bump this for you by editing my last bump/post, but it didn't work. I guess it has to be a new post.