Super Contributor

Re: Fibromyalgia Sufferers...A Place to Meet

(sorry posted on wrong thread)

Esteemed Contributor

Hi girls, hope everyone is doing well. As for me it's been a rough couple of months but I should be used to it by now. I need some help, does anyone here also have Sjögren's syndrome. I read about it earlier on i. my fibro diagnosis but now I think I may have it. of course I will be making an appt. with the rheumie but I may have to wait a month or so. I have a rash on my cheek and I was getting a welt like rash under my eye mostly when I would get upset so I thought it was nerves. Now I have them under both eyes. I am using a cream and it seems to be helping a little bit. I understand it affects your teeth also and I have had problems for years. I saw a picture of a persons tongue that had it, and it looks like mine with cracks and white specks which I've also had for years. This rash is also a symptom of RA , lupus and also MS. Although I had MRI's to rule MS out I have never been retested. I'm now Im wondering if after 12 years I could have been misdiagnosed.
Valued Contributor

Hi Michelle, you sound like me..... I was in pain all over, so my dr sent me to a rheumatologist and he said the same thing, I have fibromyalgia.  I don't know much about it but my pain dr put me on Lyrica because of my neuropathy in my feet.  He said it would help both diagnosies, but it hasn't helped any of it.  He started me on 50mg of Lyrica, and just last Tuesday increased it to 75mg.  I still feel like I've been run over by a truck, and my feet are still tingling and hot.  Any help? Nancy

Esteemed Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:
Hi girls, hope everyone is doing well. As for me it's been a rough couple of months but I should be used to it by now. I need some help, does anyone here also have Sjögren's syndrome. I read about it earlier on i. my fibro diagnosis but now I think I may have it. of course I will be making an appt. with the rheumie but I may have to wait a month or so. I have a rash on my cheek and I was getting a welt like rash under my eye mostly when I would get upset so I thought it was nerves. Now I have them under both eyes. I am using a cream and it seems to be helping a little bit. I understand it affects your teeth also and I have had problems for years. I saw a picture of a persons tongue that had it, and it looks like mine with cracks and white specks which I've also had for years. This rash is also a symptom of RA , lupus and also MS. Although I had MRI's to rule MS out I have never been retested. I'm now Im wondering if after 12 years I could have been misdiagnosed.

Last year around this time I suspected I may have had It too, I had welts under my eyes and a rash in my inner arms,  I finally went to the doctor and she diagnosed me with eczema,  I was shocked I never had skin problems all my life.  I still shave dryness around my eyes and I breakout when I'm stressed.  I'm just coming off a flare (hopefully) but the dryness started with the flare.  Good luck and post when you know.