Frequent Contributor
On 11/23/2014 mima said:

The feminine washes don't burn like soap does. I use the external washes, not internal. DH doesn't ever pay attention and uses it as a body wash sometimes. I have to tell him what NOT to use in the shower. LOL

This reminds me of something I heard years ago watching Freddie Prinze. He said one morning he was in a hurry to get to work and the bedroom was still dark. He reached for what he thought was breath spray but accidentally ended up spritzing his mouth with his wife's feminine deodorant spray. He said all morning, while at work, every time he'd speak to a coworker, the coworker would smile at him. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor
Agree with Q2girl ~ Just had this conversation with my GYN last week ~ Water, only!!!!!
Honored Contributor

I dont think I could ever feel clean there using water only!!!

Honored Contributor

God gave us that 'special place'....don't monkey with it. We ingest enough chemicals on a day-to-day basis that excrete out...no reason to introduce MORE chemicals.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/23/2014 Shelbelle said:

I dont think I could ever feel clean there using water only!!!

A very good friend of mine used to have one bladder infection after another until she used only water or at most, ivory soap. She has never had another infection, that says a lot.

Valued Contributor

While I am always intrigued by these products and their hopes of just "freshening" that area, I remind myself of what I've read forever AND what my GYN has always said: Nothing scented, etc., in that area. Some women can get away with it, but I think some of us with more sensitive areas, or those that have allergies in general, cannot.

I remember years ago a friend saying that she loved the Summer's Eve washes. I bought one and felt irritated within a few days.

I use Ivory soap, typically. And although I love and use gels and scrubs for the rest of my body in the shower, I only use this, or something else unscented, for my, ahem, "area."

Respected Contributor
On 11/23/2014 Q2girl said: DON'T!! My GYN said use nothing, but water. Buy yourselves a shower head that comes off and clean that way. Any soap will disrupt your ph balance and cause problems. It took me a long time to get with it, but so glad I did. You don't need it. We have been conditioned by TV ads that we have to use all this stuff to feel feminine. Those of you have recurring infections need to look at how you wash. I no longer have issues down there because I got rid of all soaps. That area is self cleansing.
A shower head ? Oh my!
Valued Contributor
I've read that just water is fine. Just be thorough. And perhaps when any kind of other products are stopped than one can get away with using just water cuz the pH balance is restored.
Honored Contributor

Summers Eve washes contain sulfates, ammonium sulfate.

Valued Contributor

I've been told, over many years, never to use those scented things....it can disrupt the ph. balance and cause a yeast infection.

Good old soap and water!