Frequent Contributor

I switched to organic cotton pads I bought at Whole Foods or on Amazon. Noticed a difference with cramping after switched to organic cotton. No plastic or other chemicals.
Recently I invested in Cloth pads. I know, at first it sounds gross, washable pads, but I also cloth diaper my babies. I don't find them to be messy, they are comfortable, and I throw them in the wash with my towels. I use LunaPads.

Contributor

stayfree...

Occasional Contributor

I have the exact same problem. I have found that most generic brands, do not have the plastic lining. I use Equate brand, but it make take some trial and error to find what she likes. I know exactly how she feels, not fun.

Occasional Contributor

I echo the Stayfree suggestion. It's what I switched to when Always (which I'd used for years at that point without incident) started irritating me.

Regular Contributor

Thank you so much, ladies. You are the best!!!

Respected Contributor

I like Kotex, Stayfree, and Equate as well (coupons really help). The plastic seems to stick. I have a very light flow, so tampons aren't comfortable to use since there is little to soak up so they are painful to remove. Also I have a long cervix and find I feel the tampon all darned day!

Contributor
Has she tried a menstrual cup? Best thing since sliced bread. I use the Lunettes, and I'll never go back to irritating pads or tampons. Also environmentally friendly. Just a thought!
Honored Contributor
I have used and recommend BubuBibi pads made from bamboo. They are available from Amazon at the best price. They are wonderful.
Honored Contributor

Just use all cotton tampons .... problem solved !

Honored Contributor

You can buy or make reusable cloth ones, you just wash them in the washing machine. They can stay in place with either snaps or velcro. Alternatively if she doesn't have problems with silicone there are also insertable reusable menstrual cups such as the diva cup. You can google cloth menstrual pads and see sources.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval