Honored Contributor

Fell down the steps last night

I was awakened last night by what sounded like a huge wind. I looked out the window and it was pouring - heavy rain plus very very windy.Our AC is broken so we had all the windows & doors open. I rushed around the house slamming windows closed but to close the back door I had to go outside . I was barefoot and when I stepped out onto the wood step my foot slipped and I fell down the remaining 4 steps hit the concrete patio and rolled all the way across it to the grass. Fortunately, nothing is broken, but I wrenched my back which is very sore today, my hip and shoulder are all scraped and sore and my rt hand is just one huge purple bruise.My DH slept right thru it, even though the storm was raging and I was just outside our bedroom. I'm thankful it wasn't much worse.I had to call & call to get my DH awake to help me up, but I felt a little disoriented and it was very dark, I was lying outside in the grass wearing only a thin nightgown and I was soaking wet.What a gosh awful experience.

Respected Contributor

Re: Fell down the steps last night

OMG!  You're lucky you weren't knocked unconscious - nobody would have found you till morning!  You feel sore today, but will probably be worse tomorrow - take some ibuprofen and put some ice on those sore areas. Be careful!  At my age, I try to watch every step I make - I've fallen a few times and there's nobody here but me. 

Esteemed Contributor

What a terrible thing to have happen @151949.  Are you sure that nothing is broken?  I bet you are going to be even more sore in the following days.  I don't know if you take alternative remedies, but when I fell this past winter, I took Arnica Montana several times.  It lessened the soreness.  Hope you feel better soon!

Next time, wake up your DH first and let him help you shut up the house Smiley Happy.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness, what an awful thing to happen,

Image result for feel better soon images

Honored Contributor

I'm not supposed to take NSAID drugs normally due to kidney disease but for this I am taking 400mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours to keep the inflammation down.I have had ice on my back all night and this morning. I feel like the proverbial train wreck.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my goodness, that sounds horrible!  Like a terror story!  That is a big fear of mine, falling, as I am alone.  Please take good care of yourself so you heal asap.  Prayers for you!

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

OMG!  You're lucky you weren't knocked unconscious - nobody would have found you till morning!  You feel sore today, but will probably be worse tomorrow - take some ibuprofen and put some ice on those sore areas. Be careful!  At my age, I try to watch every step I make - I've fallen a few times and there's nobody here but me. 

true

Valued Contributor

So sorry that happened to you... Please rest and you are in my prayers to be well again really soon. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 OMG I am so sorry that happened to you, thank God you were not seriously hurt!

Sending healing prayers your way, take it easy for the next few days, and here is a little hug for you:

Big Hugs Tp You.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, boy. I'm sure that was a scary experience. It's a good thing you didn't break anything or hit your head.

Hope your back is feeling better soon.