Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMeestay safe in your home.

Honored Contributor

Thank you! Woman Happy  @Snoopp 

Boom town woes.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Yes, edgy, concerned for people, i get angry that some people are not nice,   it is scary, i pray it does not get as bad as Italy, and other countries, i am alone,just my two dogs,and me.

I am alone here, too. There are people concerned here about their being alone in their homes. There have been a few home invasions where people are stealing food and other basic things! There also have been some carjackings where the crooks have taken off with people's hoarded stash. I think it's only going to get worse.

I was just going to say that one positive thing about all this may be not having to worry so much about crime. It has increased so much-I mean murders and gun shots I can hear, but jeez, I guess I hadn't though of people going out and stealing supplies!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I  feel fine first thing the morning.... pretend the world is safe... then I turn on the TV and hear all the death , dread and forcasting of the horrors ahead... and I go for a walk....

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Yes, edgy, concerned for people, i get angry that some people are not nice,   it is scary, i pray it does not get as bad as Italy, and other countries, i am alone,just my two dogs,and me.

I am alone here, too. There are people concerned here about their being alone in their homes. There have been a few home invasions where people are stealing food and other basic things! There also have been some carjackings where the crooks have taken off with people's hoarded stash. I think it's only going to get worse.

I was just going to say that one positive thing about all this may be not having to worry so much about crime. It has increased so much-I mean murders and gun shots I can hear, but jeez, I guess I hadn't though of people going out and stealing supplies!

@on the bay 

There are many people w/o jobs here (because of the virus) and even though some are in the process of collecting unemployment income, there are many others who don't have that benefit. Self-employed people and those who make income under the table here are plentiful. Those are the people who are suffering the most. I personally know a few families like that and they are living together with two and three other families in small apartments. They are living in vulnerable times and money, supplies and food are not readily available to them.  Stealing happens to stay alive unfortunately.

Trusted Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I woke up this morning hoping that surely today would be better than the past two only to read that all the indoor malls, amusement parks and amusements have been ordered closed.

This entire thing is really, really sad.

I think it will continue to be worse for quite awhile before things get better.  The unknown is scarey.  The positive is things have gotten better and China and Korea.  Life has changed quickly for all of us.  I am lucky enough that as of the other day we are required to work from home.  If I have the tv on too much in the back ground it does raise my anxiety so I try to limit that.  I am stress eating and eating junk food,  which is my personal problem,  a habit I have never fixed.  I know some of you are afraid to go to the stores.  Many of the stores are offering pick up service or you can have Amazon or other stores ship to you within a few days.  This will eventually get better.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@shoesnbags 

Colorado Springs and Pueblo. 

Oh my goodness.  Stay safe, @SilleeMee !

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor
@BlueFinch, I'm so sorry that you no longer have your beloved husband by your side as you navigate through life. I/We are always here to "listen" and offer our support. You may be alone physically but you have us!!! Hugs!!!🙏
Trusted Contributor
@cbrite, your post made me teary-eyed! I am so sorry that you are all alone but please know that I/We are here, offering you "remote support". Lots of hugs from me to you!!!!!🙏🙏🙏
Trusted Contributor
@jpie, what a sweet idea!!! Random acts of kindness!!!!😃😃😃