Super Contributor

Favorite plant based meal inspiration

Tell me what you’ve got! I need some inspiration and new meal ideas. I am mainly focusing on WFPB, with the addition of olive oil/avocado oil, and some other fats.
Super Contributor

Re: Favorite plant based meal inspiration

PS- also looking for suggestions of Instagram accounts to follow as well!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would suggest checking out rainbowplantlife.com. Her red lentil curry is awesome!  Let me look at where some of my other recipes came from and I will check back in.

ETA elavegan.com, forksoverknives.com, google John McDougall recipes, and Joel Furman recipes. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

It's so basic, but I really enjoy  a big, colorful salad. When I need to add protein, it's either steak or chicken, but you could add one that suits you.

Stuffed Portabella Caps are another favorite, if you are allowed cheese.  Sorry, I'm not too educated on a plant based diet.  

Respected Contributor

I get inspiration from vegan YouTube videos. Many are labeled “What I eat in a day”. 

Respected Contributor

My favorite plant based meal that I have for dinner almost every night and love is something I put together one night when I was just searching for a new meal to help with weight loss and to control my Type 2 diabetes. It's been so successful that I am now off medication. I keep a big bowl of these veggies in my fridge and just throw them in a skillet with olive oil, Mrs Dash and pepper, cook until veggies are tender and well done. You can add sliced turkey sausage or jumbo cooked and deveined shrimp if you want or whatever meat you want if you want.  Hope you enjoy

Sliced Zuchinni

Sliced yellow squash

sliced onion

chopped red pepper

sliced mushrooms

grape tomatoes

Esteemed Contributor

Either Farro or Wheat Berry Salad and roasted veggies.

Lentil stew

15 bean soup

Honored Contributor

Type in "plant based meal" on Pinterest and you'll get tons of ideas. 

Trusted Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:
Tell me what you’ve got! I need some inspiration and new meal ideas. I am mainly focusing on WFPB, with the addition of olive oil/avocado oil, and some other fats.

Check out the people listed below on YouTube, they're the ones  I'm subscribed to. 

High Carb Hannah

Hungry Vegan Mama

Plantiful Kiki

Running on Plants- for budget WFPB meals

The Mommy Vegan

Yeung Man Cooking