Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite impulse QVC wellness or fitness purchase?

Best ever is my Backjoy but I also give another vote for BodyGym and LoBak would be a close second.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, JasoninBoston, it is the Marie Osamond one. It's great for toning and resistance training.

Trusted Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@JasoninBoston

I have bought at least 100 pieces of exercise equipment, and/or items over many decades. I have not, nor will I ever buy that type of purchase on an impulse.

There are many "wellness/fitness" things that can harm people, especially if used incorrectly. Actually, I never buy anything on "impulse", probably because I learned at a very young age not to spend money without researching, especially higher priced item of any sort.

All of my Wellness/Fitness items/machines are used for an intended result. You asked, I replied.

hckynut(john)

Your approach seems totally reasonable!!  I tend to get swept into purchasing things based the presentations and purchase on impulse without totally researching things properly!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

Yes, JasoninBoston, it is the Marie Osamond one. It's great for toning and resistance training.

Thank you!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Nothing ... never bought any ... anywhere.  I go the gym.

Esteemed Contributor

BHawk wrote:

I didn't realize Susan did a compact reformer...I know they had/have the Power Pilates Gym...a compact reformer....but it is really compact.  Wish someone would do something similar but a little bigger with a built in stand!  I really don't care about the rebounding - prefer to walk for cardio and I get motion sickness when I try it.  

@BHawk, Power Pilates may be the same unit Susan presented on HSN. I really don't recall what it was called, but the unit could be elevated to different heights, and angles (similar to Total Gym), in order to attain varying body positions.  I would have purchased one for myself, but I am at the gym 6 days a week, and owning the Malibu chair already, I felt buying another piece of Pilates equipment for home use may have ultimately been wasteful spending (for me).  That said, compact would be the only kind of reformer I could have in my home. Like JasoninBoston, I am in a downtown (Chicago) apartment ... but mine is far from being the size of O's.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

My first QVC purchase ....  Aero Pilates machine, years ago!     Heart

Do you know if that vendor and company is still on the Q?  

I tried finding their website earlier today and couldn't.  Then I noticed one of her products (the Pilates Spine Corrector) which I really want to get is offered on a vary popular catalog site (Hammacher Schlemmer).

Frequent Contributor

Yes, search for Aeropilates here on the Q website...Marjalein just had a show a fews days ago!

Valued Contributor

I really splurged on this recumbent bike.  

It's very sturdy, and there are programs where I can cycle through the northeast Maine, Niagra Falls, etc,

or through the parks out west  etc.

Even with sound affects, dogs barking at me. 

Feels better on my knees than a regular bike.007.JPG