Trusted Contributor

Favorite impulse QVC wellness or fitness purchase?

Mine is the Pilates Pro Chair F12082 (which I have had for just under a month)! 

I really didn't know what to expect and I ordered it twice and cancelled each order before the third time of when I actually received it.

I have been doing Pilates for a number of years (both with a trainer and a mat class) and the chair seemed like such a natural fit for me.  I love being able to do the exercises at home and have already seen a big difference in my posture and my pants are even feeling a bit looser!  I am so grateful that QVC gives you such a good look at items before purchasing them and the quality of this one item does seem to be spot on.  Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite impulse QVC wellness or fitness purchase?

BodyGym Deluxe Portable Resistance Band --

It looks really easy to do, but when I actually tried it, it is pretty hard (which is a good thing).

Trusted Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

BodyGym Deluxe Portable Resistance Band --

It looks really easy to do, but when I actually tried it, it is pretty hard (which is a good thing).

Was that the one with Marie Osmond?  I was thinking about getting that too!! 

Esteemed Contributor

Like you, JasoinBoston, I have been doing Pilates for nearly 20 years.  I do mat, ball, and reformer.  I was introduced to the format when I initially began to have back issues (long before I ultimately had surgery).  It really helped me strengthen my core.   I was always more flexible than the average person,  but I never cease to be pleased that now at over 60 and with multiple surgical procedures on record,  my flexibility remains better than some half my age.  

I really can't say I've ever spent more than $100 on anything impulsively.  I owned the Pilates Chair when it was sold at another network.  I was quite pleased with it, but made the mistake of leaving it in my buildings fitness room and it was damaged. I had a reformer (purchased from QVC), but after downsizing a few years ago, it was passed on to a friend.  I now do most of Pilates work at my fitness club, but I am thinking of purchasing the chair again and -- lesson learned-- it will be kept in my apartment.  If not the chair, perhaps Susan will at some point bring her compact version of the reformer to QVC (another Pilates products she sold at the other network). 

Trusted Contributor

@Trix wrote:

Like you, JasoinBoston, I have been doing Pilates for nearly 20 years.  I do mat, ball, and reformer.  I was introduced to the format when I initially began to have back issues (long before I ultimately had surgery).  It really helped me strengthen my core.   I was always more flexible than the average person,  but I never cease to be pleased that now at over 60 and with multiple surgical procedures on record,  my flexibility remains better than some half my age.  

I really can't say I've ever spent more than $100 on anything impulsively.  I owned the Pilates Chair when it was sold at another network.  I was quite pleased with it, but made the mistake of leaving it in my buildings fitness room and it was damaged. I had a reformer (purchased from QVC), but after downsizing a few years ago, it was passed on to a friend.  I now do most of Pilates work at my fitness club, but I am thinking of purchasing the chair again and -- lesson learned-- it will be kept in my apartment.  If not the chair, perhaps Susan will at some point bring her compact version of the reformer to QVC (another Pilates products she sold at the other network). 

I have a very small condo/apartment as I live in downtown Boston!  What I like about the chair is it's not too big and it's so nice to have right here....  Some of the reviews scared me potentially I think but I am so grateful I got it.  And despite being $200 could potentially save me money--if I give up one of my personal training sessions.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

3 things actually:

the Pilates chair

the BodyGym

tne NutriSystem Shakes

oh yeah, I forgot about Leslie Sansone DVDs  I need to get myself going again!  thanks for the reminder @Mmsfoxxie

Honored Contributor

I would say my Leslie Sansone's walking tapes with the band.

Several years ago my hubby bought me that Pilates chair and I wasn't crazy about it.  Maybe I should revisit it.

Lets see now.....where is it??

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

My first QVC purchase ....  Aero Pilates machine, years ago!     Heart

Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston

I have bought at least 100 pieces of exercise equipment, and/or items over many decades. I have not, nor will I ever buy that type of purchase on an impulse.

There are many "wellness/fitness" things that can harm people, especially if used incorrectly. Actually, I never buy anything on "impulse", probably because I learned at a very young age not to spend money without researching, especially higher priced item of any sort.

All of my Wellness/Fitness items/machines are used for an intended result. You asked, I replied.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

I didn't realize Susan did a compact reformer...I know they had/have the Power Pilates Gym...a compact reformer....but it is really compact.  Wish someone would do something similar but a little bigger with a built in stand!  I really don't care about the rebounding - prefer to walk for cardio and I get motion sickness when I try it.