Super Contributor
I have kept going back to it for almost 2 years. I haven’t lost any weight really. I don’t know why I keep getting sucked back in. I’m done. DONE. I have 100 lbs to lose and clearly WW isn’t the answer. I’m going to focus on nourishing, clean food choices and moderate exercise. And lots of water.
Honored Contributor

And since you probably have their materials, you could still follow the program if you wanted. Remember the program Richard Simmons had with the cards? I can't recall the name except 'meal' was in the name and you got a nice kit containing the cards. Good luck and I hope you have success.

Respected Contributor

@StillRachB 

I am a Lifetime WW member.  I lost my weight using the older version of WW, the exchange program of the late 80's and 90's.  We have a thread going over in the Among Friends section of this forum.  Please join us.  You may just find the old version of WW can work for you too.

The new WW version did not work for me.  I had gained back some weight several years ago and could not lose it using the new points version.  Went back to the old exchange program and got it off.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Farewell WW

[ Edited ]

I kicked them to the curb probably 6 years ago. I wasn't getting anything out of the meetings anymore and stopped losing weight. They kept changing the program every two years and they kept getting harder and harder to follow. When they focused on wellness vs losing weight that's when I quit. I felt as if I were being punished if I ate a cookie. One cookie was a third of my points sometimes. (5-6points) That's ridiculous. And I never believed that you could eat all the fruit you wanted and still lose weight. I never understood how all the fruit, veggies and chicken were 0 points. Calories are calories. I can't eat 5 chicken breasts and 5 bananas and expect it to still be 0 points.

Respected Contributor

@StillRachB 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Girls-Whom-Among-Us-Did-WW-Exchange-Programs-Of-the-1980-...

Here is the thread.  Please join us!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I never did well with WW.  For me I think it was the constant thinking and planning of food...points....how many each item was, a menu for the day, what worked, etc.  If I want to lose weight I can't think about food all day.  I'm also addicted to sugar and simple carbs.

For me to lose weight ...and feel a LOT better, I've found that cutting way back on carbs works.  While I'm not on a strict low carb diet, I eat a lot of fresh produce, pastured eggs (I buy them directly from a local farm), pastured poultry, wild caught fish (I eat a lot of salmon) and grass fed beef. 

I try not to eat much bread or wheat flour.  I feel so much better and not as tired ....which was making me eat too many bad things!  It's nice to have the energy to get through the day without needing a nap or to refuel on junk!

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@StillRachB I have been a yo-yo dieter for years and years, so I appreciate your struggle.  I’ve lost 40 and 30 and more and less until a few years back just before I turned 75, I lost about 55 and until adding the stress of moving to the dislocation of the pandemic, I found myself fighting again.  Just this week, I’m back on track.

i haven’t rejoined WW for years, but I do use some of their tools.  I don’t count points, but I do more or less measure my portions and limit how many I eat in a day.  I eat a balanced diet but stay as far away as I can from my trigger foods.  For me, that’s sugar, not carbs - I measure those!

i do keep a simple food journal, but it’s for me, not for a WW lecturer.  I know I’m going to be in trouble if I lie to myself.

Several final thoughts —. Like you plan, this last time I have concentrated on my health with appearance being a secondary benefit.  I knew going in that at my age I am unlikely to get two big  bounces of the yo-yo again.  Doctors say the first 10% of lost pounds pay the biggest health benefit and I did begin to feel better very soon after I started better eating.

in the end, for all the talk about exercise, I don’t find I can’t do enough strenuously enough to burn many extra calories.  BUT I walk almost every day because I like how I feel when I do and when I feel good about myself, eating well is easier.

Honored Contributor

there are many apps, that will track your food intake exercise etc, that are free check those out.

Super Contributor
@haddon9 I’m also a sugar addict. I plan to concentrate on protein and lots of fresh veggies, and 1-2 servings of fruit a day.
New Contributor

I am sorry that the program is not a good fit for you. I joined in February of 2019 and have lost 115 pounds so far. I really love the new program and find it easy to follow, but everybody is different. There are members in my current group that preferred the old program over the current one. Good Luck on your weight loss journey!