Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fall weather and sore throat

@RedTop wrote:

The air is full of mold and mildew spores as leaves and pine needles start dropping.   

I use earplugs when I wash my hair, as any water in my ears causes problems; also have to keep my ears covered when it gets cold.   

@RedTop   Our white pine is shedding needles and wouldn't you know it I had the window open today right where it is ..... I don't remember it bothering me last year .  Plus a lot of leaves on the ground cause we live in a wooded area.  I know new allergies can start anytime.

Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

anyone else having a scratchy , raw throat since it's gotten cooler?   It feels like junk at the bottom of my throat that makes me feel like coughing.   I take Allegra everyday too, but i do feel it's allergies we have a lot of golden rod around our wooded area and have  been told it can cause allergies to act up.  

When I woke up this morning, I thought that I was getting sick, but as the day went on, I realized that it was just allergy symptoms.

I have year-round allergies and allergies to dust and mold and fur, and I have been cleaning so that kind of stirs up the allergens, too.

I also get that icky post-nasal drip that can sit in the back of your throat and make you feel like you're getting sick when you first wake up in the morning.

I just try and stay as hydrated as possible, too.

I take an allergy med. year round. I have chronic eye allergies, too. My eyes are always really pink and itchy. 

Honored Contributor

Lifelong allergies 

Fall = ragweed &  goldenrod 

Spring = mold & pine pollen

Claritin without Sudafed 

Honey and orange juice

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

sure sounds like it is a bad fall season for a lot of us.   My Allegra isn't working for me as I feel worse today so maybe this is a cold.    I don't think you feel achy with allergies .   Does anyone know ?   I know it's hard to tell  the difference between the two.  Achy ears , sore scratchy throat, sneezing, post nasal drip and achy.   Can't just stay in the house though.😕

Honored Contributor

Nope. Only sore throats I have gotten for many years were signs of my 2 heart attacks. Head drains a lot, but has done that for years, seems even moreso with each time I break my nose. No allergies so that part is good. Oops! I am allergic to Iron, the nurses remind me of that every time I get an Iron Infusion. We into Anaphylactic Shock at the end of 1 Infusion, so guess that's why.

Get better now, eh?

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Yes, same here.  Allergies are the cause for me.