Honored Contributor

Facial oils including Argan by Josie M

I am embarking on a facial oil experiment.

I have adult acne and nearly everything irritates.

So I ordered some Organic Rosehip oil... too irritating

Had some (old) JM argan and really might appreciate it most.  After a few years, it has not gone rancid.

The texture on my face (especially the acne-prone, irritated part) is light and has only made it calmer.

This may be the one for me especially until I heal up my breakouts...

we will see...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Facial oils including Argan by Josie M

[ Edited ]

Paula's Choice has a skin line for acne prone skin.  You can purchase a trial kit.  Her products are guaranteed for 60 days, there's no animal testing, it's fragrance free and color free.  I've been using her products since 1995.

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

I am embarking on a facial oil experiment.

I have adult acne and nearly everything irritates.

So I ordered some Organic Rosehip oil... too irritating

Had some (old) JM argan and really might appreciate it most.  After a few years, it has not gone rancid.

The texture on my face (especially the acne-prone, irritated part) is light and has only made it calmer.

This may be the one for me especially until I heal up my breakouts...

we will see...

Hi @LTT1 .. if you like JM's argan oil check out sheaterraorganics dot com.   I purchase my argan oil from them.  IMHO it is just as good as JM's ... but cheaper.  Also, I find that on the rare occasion that I break out I heal much faster when i use the argan oil.  HTH

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector

There was a write-up about another brand of argan oil in this article:

https://thebestorganicskincare.com/a-list-of-non-comedogenic-facial-oils

Click on argan oil and Tahina is one they recommend.

There was an explanation about some cheaper brands that are made from the recovery of nuts from goats excrement! I wouldn't want that! LOL

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Boehm Collector

There was a write-up about another brand of argan oil in this article:

https://thebestorganicskincare.com/a-list-of-non-comedogenic-facial-oils

Click on argan oil and Tahina is one they recommend.

There was an explanation about some cheaper brands that are made from the recovery of nuts from goats excrement! I wouldn't want that! LOL

Hi @LTT1  ..thanks for the tip.   I checked the Kahina website.  Their  3.38 oz (100 ml) bottle of argan oil goes for $82.00.   The description is very similar to the one on the sheaterraorganics website.   But their 3.38oz bottle of argan oil sells for $38.00.  I'll have to look at the two websites more closely when I have a chance.  

Trusted Contributor

Camelia Cleansing Oil was once recommended by a number of people on this board.  I have it on my amazon wishlist, but haven't ordered it yet.  When my current bottle of cleanser runs out, I"m going to try it.  You can check out a ton of reviews on the oil on amazon!